My next module orta be...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RVerb or MarkX

• RVerb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MarkX

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jaymzrock

Reaction score
I have myself a module that I'll be sending to Rob soon. Based on the mods I already have (which isn't many), I'm looking for not only a great lead tone, but also something that can hold its own with rhythm. You guys know these mods so well and I've come to respect your opinions in tone. And honestly, I think it would simply be fun to hear what y'all think. My band plays covers and originals that span the 90's/2000's hard rock and metal. Think Foo Fighters, Cold, Breaking Benjamin, Tool, Smashing Pumpkins, Chevelle, etc. I'm not looking to cop these tones, just to get a preamp that'll compliment the styles I play. My two choices to decide from have been carefully narrowed down to...

RVerb
or
MarkX
GO!

MarkX by far One of the best metal modules you can get and it really nails the classic "master of puppets" tone so closely its scary...
-mp-

While I LOVE my MarkX, and agree about the Metallica tone thing....you'll get far more versatility out of that RVerb, especially playing covers.

For the versatility you seek I think you would be extremely happy with that Rverb.