Need help problem with amp plz give me some suggestion?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Servantez

Reaction score
While I was playing my RM100 today, there is a suddenly lost of gain with my XTC module so I thought the problem is the XTC itself but when I switch to my plexi channel the same thing happen so I don't really know whats going on. Then I the off the amp the same thing happen inorder to fix this problem I nearly have to max out my tone controls to get back my tone. So now I am really confuse what happen to my amp. By the way my power tube failure light was not lid on so is not my power tube problem. Just bought the amp 2 months ago. Plz help

Mmmmm, could be a bad pre-amp tube !

Assuming that you checked you cables and guitar for proper operation,
since the problem is common to all 3 channels, try changing the first stage tube (V1) ?

It's the nearest one from the input jack if i remember.

If this doesn't cure the problem you may try swapping the PI stage tube, now i don't remember it's exact location, but you only have 3 12ax7, first stage, PI stage and effect loop ... so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out !

Claude

i should add that it might be a fuse problem, when that happens the tube failure light does not go on. You might want to check the fuses.
Good luck, man. It's a drag.

most likely its one of the three main preamp tubes, my friend had the same problem with his RM100. after playing It the amp became more quiet and not as loud, (a preamp tube went bad).

Shortly after I got my RM100 I lost almost all power no tube lights or anything came one, my problem was a bad ground wire in the amp or something like that. But since then its worked fine I have had it about 4-5 years now and the only other issue I had is the midi phantom power stopped working. So order some 12ax7 tubes from tube depot there fairly cheap and its always good to have a few extra on hand.

Good luck