Need help with the power amp tubes.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHunter

Reaction score
So i just saw a fella had his RM100 for sale and he had pics up of it. In tube position one he had a yellow jacket with an EL84 in it and in tube 2 he had a 6L6 and in tube 3 a 6l6 and in tube 4 the same as tube one, yellow jacket and EL84.

As i understand it you have to have matched tubes next to each other so a matched pair in tubes 1 & 2 and a matched pair in tubes 3 & 4 right?

So i have 2 KT88 in tubes 1-2 and 2 KT66 in 3-4 now how can this fella do what he did and still bias correctly? Did i set mine up wrong?

D

So i should have one KT88 in socket 1 and one in socket 4 and the KT66 right next to each other in 2 and 3?s

Yea thats my AMP!!!! haha Yea for the tubes you have to have the same on the outside and inside just like Jugger said! This is the COOLEST THING about this amp! I havent tried any of the KT variety but I want to build up a stash of different tubes to try all kinds of different combos.

Ya I love this amp but i guess i had it setup wrong no wonder it has been sounding odd, hope i didnt mess the amp up by doing this.

how do you like that G-Flex? I had one for awhile, but the GAS hits and it left. As much as it pains me to say it, I miss that cab...

Selling the dang thing, to much bottom for me. I liked it for while but i love my V30s so im gonna trade it in for a V30 cab.

I know ill prolly regret it. But i have had such a hard time finding my tone and i discovered that the g-flex is not my tone i guess.

Its on ebay if your interested, ill even take it off there if you want it.