new demo with my randall!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintkilz

Reaction score
well went into the studio for a few hours....

heres our end results, this is just the rough tracks, we havent received the mixed and mastered tracks yet...probably not till the end of the week...

we miced 1 Hellatone60l and 1 G12T-75...with a sennheiser 421, and a Shure SM7B with his homemade Dav(?) and Neve preamps...

i was gonna do bass tracks but time was gettin short, so i decided to not..im gonna Guitar Rig them here at home probably tomorrow so it should help..

this song was the only one in Drop A, wish i could of done more songs as ive since wrote more Drop songs..

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6992235

this song was one i wrote for my old band, but told them i was takin it cause i liked it too much
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6992226

this was the most troublesome song..but fun in the end..
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=845458&songID=6992239

let me know what you guys think!

Replied on HCAF...but that 1086 really seems to work for those tones..probably why it's no use to me, since I'm not a huge drop-tuned brutalz guy! :D

well sure theres a tone in it somewhere youd like!

not sure on what styles your into, but with the gain switch to the left and the gain WWAAYY back i can get a great plexi-ish tone...of course its harder than normal as its got an ALWAYS ON gain boost no matter what..haha.

Thats some sick SHIZZLE wish i could get my 1086 to sound like that, what tubes are you running in it, I tune to full A on my 7 and have a hard time dialing it in right but you have mastered it thru and thru, sick sick sick.

Send me a demo CD would ya. PM me and ill give you my address. KICK ***

TheHunter said:
Thats some sick SHIZZLE wish i could get my 1086 to sound like that, what tubes are you running in it, I tune to full A on my 7 and have a hard time dialing it in right but you have mastered it thru and thru, sick sick sick.

iim using El34 on the inside, and 6l6 on the outside..pete modded 1086, gain at 1 o clock bass at 2 o clock, mids at 11 o clock, treble at 2 o clock, mids switch to the left, gain switch to the right. presence 3/4, resonance right around that too..

clean boost with a stock sd-1.

im glad you dug it man, as soon as we get our mixed and mastered tracks back, ill most likely put them on our myspace to download...ill keep you informed...

trendkill1168 said:
I'm liking it too man...good job on that. Making me want either the Pete modded Recto or the Grail.

you should totally do it...im not using my 31band eq in the loop anymore, as im not really playin the "grail"plate anymore..although i almost tracked with it too, and it was great sounding..

Strange, I love the music, but can't get past the constant exorcist vox!
But holy cow, the guitars sound great! Well done 8)

thanks alot guys..ill put up mixed and mastered tracks as soon as i can get them...

yeah shes pretty crazy as a vocalist...definitely happy with her skills though..

paintkilz said:
TheHunter said:

iim using El34 on the inside, and 6l6 on the outside..pete modded 1086, gain at 1 o clock bass at 2 o clock, mids at 11 o clock, treble at 2 o clock, mids switch to the left, gain switch to the right. presence 3/4, resonance right around that too..

clean boost with a stock sd-1.

im glad you dug it man, as soon as we get our mixed and mastered tracks back, ill most likely put them on our myspace to download...ill keep you informed...

Looks like i need to mod mine. LOL It just sounds so clean and punchy, tons of note articulation.

Sweetness. Keep me in the loop man.

pretty cool bu the drummer seems behind, nice tone, gotta boost it :twisted:

it is boosted..sd-1.

lookin at the HBE powerscreamer possibly for a new pedal..haha.

i dont really see the "behind" thing..

paintkilz said:
it is boosted..sd-1.

lookin at the HBE powerscreamer possibly for a new pedal..haha.

i dont really see the "behind" thing..
Yeah.,....thats the stuff!
I used to boost it with the SD-1 as well when I hit solos. But for the riffing....it stands alone just fine. Pete broke the mold on that Bad boy!
I am REALLY REALLY Surprised that more guys dont have the Modded 1086. It just dont get any heavier!! 8)

yes. congrats on your tone! love it!
pretty much what i am after, too ... so, the 1086 is maybe a good solution .. :)