new modded recto video

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG0xLLqPKc8&fmt=18

Thanks to JKD for the '&fmt=18' trick. :)

This is Aaron's module. RM20, SM57 and RM20 direct out blend, tiny bit of verb added. Used a Charvel USA So-Cal.

Pete

This module is the one to have...huge proponent of the Orange mode ever since Pete came up with it....even if I do keep selling the darn things (GAS sucks!) :lol:

Prefer it to the Egnater ERect even.

EDIT: oh...some of the new brutalz comes from the 500pF cap in c3 I think...makes a real difference to the tone...EL84s are fun too :D

how can i get my Recto module modded like this? i have soldering experience and if it's as simple as replacing a few components or nothing that would be too crazy for an amateur, i'd like to do it myself.

slash_rocks2005 said:
how can i get my Recto module modded like this? i have soldering experience and if it's as simple as replacing a few components or nothing that would be too crazy for an amateur, i'd like to do it myself.

www.gigmods.com/mods.htm

slash_rocks2005 said:

It really isn't that simple as say a c3 replacement...

For the knowledge and labor involved to do this, as well as cheap access to the parts (new faceplate, knobs etc.) what okstrat charges is actually pretty competitive and he stands behind his work too.

I wish Pete would post more of these for gigmods. It's nice seeing where the knobs are at while he is playing and also seeing how bad *** his faceplates are. Oh and if you guys haven't seen his playing under okstrat on youtube check it out. He is a fire on the strings.

It's great to hear these clips, okstrat. Keep it up.

Both channels seemed lumpy on the bottom end to me, especially the Red. It's the kind of mushy low end I hear on the stock Recto module before a C3 swap, or just when pushing too much low end into the preamp section. It also was really really saturated, maybe too much? I'm being picky here because your stuff is really great. I especially like the Ultra (XL?) with the Queenryche tone.

NunSuperior said:
Both channels seemed lumpy on the bottom end to me, especially the Red. It's the kind of mushy low end I hear on the stock Recto module before a C3 swap, or just when pushing too much low end into the preamp section. It also was really really saturated, maybe too much?

If you're going off of youtube, you're not getting an accurate listen- mushy low end may be from the digital camera, conversion, or pc speakers, or all- my Pete Recto is anything but "mushy"

If I can (I'm ready to move in a month), I'll get an audio clip together

NunSuperior said:
It's great to hear these clips, okstrat. Keep it up.

Both channels seemed lumpy on the bottom end to me, especially the Red. It's the kind of mushy low end I hear on the stock Recto module before a C3 swap, or just when pushing too much low end into the preamp section. It also was really really saturated, maybe too much? I'm being picky here because your stuff is really great. I especially like the Ultra (XL?) with the Queenryche tone.

It's the youtube compression. Thing I like about youtube is you can see the module and kinda make out the knob positions (except on the recto, lol) - it does sound a lot more percussive/tight in person. In my vid cam software, the BEST audio was 128k mp3, so the sound gets compressed right from the get-go and then just gets worse when youtube mangles it. Once things slow down here a bit (ha!) I'll actually spend more than 2 minutes setting up for sound and record some 160 or better mp3s. :)

Pete

I figured it was either the mic'ing or YouTube's crap quality. I didn't realize you were using the camera's mic to record. That would explain a lot.

I believe that paying Pete for his time....his experience.....and his TRIAL AND ERROR....is well worth what you get in return! I can solder as well, but I have little knowledge on what does what on these modules and for what Pete does is WELL WORTH IT gentleman. If you disagree, then get a module and start to dabble!
Rock on brothers!! 8)

NunSuperior said:
I figured it was either the mic'ing or YouTube's crap quality. I didn't realize you were using the camera's mic to record. That would explain a lot.

No, never said I was using the cam's mic. But the artifacts and such are pretty crap-inducing. :) I'll do some good clips soon, got lots of modules to finish up first.

Pete