New Song

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomidijace

Reaction score
Here's a link to a new tune I've been working on:
http://soundcloud.com/jace-nuz​back/lies-1788a-mix-sh
There's actually not much electric guitar in it, but I'd love some feedback on the song.
Cheers,
Jace

Very entertaining...from the first note, you could tell you're about to get a story in the tune

I liked the bass guitar and keys a lot, cool groove

Sounds great man!

Very cool song and sounds, I love the keyboarding stuff! :D
Also great effects on those guitars in the background, perfect.
Vocals also sound very good, good balance between single and multiple vocals. Good singing too!

I'd bring that acoustic forward a bit in the mix, just a smidge. Especially in the beginning, maybe the strokes where a bit softer there and you got into it more later on ;)

Do put up other stuff if you have any (or in the future), I really like the style and sounds!

Thanks again guys.
I was really lucky to find a great keyboard player with a B3 and Leslie cab.
The song was really written with the B3 in mind. This tune was really hard for me to sing because I don't normally sing that low. I had originally started this song tuning a full step down. There was no way I could sing it that low, so I came back up to standard tuning. It's a fun song though. I'm glad you like it.
Cheers,
Jace

Nice song Jace I really enjoyed it, thanks for sharing this with us. What did you use on electric guitar portion?

I'd like to hear both guitars and the keys come up just a smidge (just a notch really), but **** this song is fun :D I gotta show it to Steve!

Actually, everything but the bass needs an extra dB or so. Or just bring the bass down a notch and make everyone else turn up their volume to listen to the tune :D

audiomidijace said:
That was my RM-50 combo with EL-34s and my custom JF-Tweed module.

Awesome, I ordered the same Tweed as you did after I heard your clips you posted awhile back but I was fortunate to get the Relic faceplate design from Scott - it's amazing, one of my favorite faceplates I've owned and seen.

Cool tune. Without any alteration it would be a song I would have in rotation on my ipod.

Personal preference - I would like the electric guitar to be brought up a little and the organ lowered. I think the organ needs to be there but less in your face. Probably just the guitar snob in me. :lol: