New to randall

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zacky_V

Reaction score
Im quite new to Randall amps, the MTS100M will be my first half stack. My question is about the Egnater modules, will they work in the Randall amps, i have never heard of egnater so im really in the dark about the whole modular tube amps.

Yes, but the dual channel Egnaters will only give you one channel.

There is a mod being worked on now to allow for this though.

Zacky, I wouldn't be too concerned about the nuances between the Egnater and Randall Modules. I have heard killer tones with Stock Randall Modules, and jaw dropping unbelievable tones with modded Randall modules. My advice would be to either search out some old single channel Egnater modules (I've got an single channel Egnater E-rect that I run in my RM100), or get a cheap 2nd hand Randall Module and get it modded by Pete (Okstrat). Listen to the clips in the link below to hear what I mean (especially the modded Brown sound) http://members.cox.net/vhpete/MTS/MTSmods.htm
I currently run a XTC, Blackface, 1086 which are stock and E-rect and Brown which have been slightly modded. Love the sound of my rig. Welcome to the MTS crowd. Cheers