New to the Randall club and loving it - some help needed

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephman

Reaction score
First off - hi to all of you out there. I've been reading threads here for some time and have finally had my RM100 head for just over a week. I bought it second hand with what appears to be older / original modules: Clean, Recto & Ultra Lead, and the head came signed by Michael Amott.
The sounds are great, Clean is clean (I play with either a Strat or Les Paul), REcto sounds great and Ultra lead does what it says .......
I've got my Boss GT6 plugged into the serial loop via the 4 cable method (a trick I picked up here - thanks for that). My only problem at this stage is the footswitch issue. The amp did not come with any footswitch and I've been trying (in vain) to use my GT6 via a NEW midi cable and it just doesn't want to work. I am checking out new foot switches to buy, but at this stage, I've been asked to shell out AUD$220.00 (approx US$180) from the few Randall dealers we have here, and as you can imagine I'd rather spend it on a new module.
Anyway, at this stage, I need the help of someone here who is actually using their Boss GT (5 to 10 seem to be similar?) to switch channels on their amps. The instructions I've read so far on this forum are not 100% either - ie: I've got my GT 6 set on omni mode (I've tried all 16 transmit chanels as well), a new good quality MIDI cable, and when in a patch I hit the channel select button the amp for over 3 secs to try and store the preamp module on the patch. This is where it gets muddy - should I then store the patch on the GT6? or should I then change chanels or should I ???? Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated ......
IOnce I sort this out, I think I'm going to look at grtting a thick (ultras / 086 / ultra XL) module - I love the peavey 6505 brutal distortion and would like to mimic this type of sound if possible ???

Thanks again.
StephMan.

Might have to take the amp out of its chassis and find the MIDI channel switches and turn the MIDI Channel 1 on. Pete can tell you more on the Gigmods forum.

The Ultra XL does a great 5150 style sound, and some say so does the Grail.