New (Used) Guitar Day

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was...I never had a PRS or really never played one more than to just pick up and strum a chord and say "cool."

I wanted to get a guitar that would record mid-gain and clean tones from a different angle...Most of my guitars have really hot pickups and this one has laid back ones...The cleans on this thing are astounding and different from what I have in my other fiddles...

So far, she's inexpensive yet classy....Just like I like 'em...

PRS is one of those companies I really want to like, but just can't. They make nice guitars, but I've never really gelled with one.

I gotta say that this guitar has only gotten better over time for me....It plays so nicely....It doesn't have the gain of my other guitars in terms of raw tone but it makes up for it in clarity and depth...The Mojotone upgrades as and ToneRider pickups make it a killer...Split coils if desired...

For a true player's guitar...This is it...Stays in tune, all the upgrades were well chosen and it seems I walked into a great deal...

I am currently using it on the C-Watt demo as it is perfect....The pickups are modeled after the old style PAFs...No special windings or elements...True tone....The split coil function is obviously a nice feature for the demo too....Should be up tomorrow....

Matt,
so true..a proper Guitar with Good PAFs can do MAGIC in the right hands. Ask Page!
I am a big fan of a decent honest piece of wood, with good quality parts...done deal. I do gigs all the time with my tricked out Japanese and Korean Guitars...sure I know very well of Anderson etc etc and they are fine...but I can get it done with a Squier,too...ya know?

GtrGeorge

Thanks guys....And you are right about a good guitar (from anywhere) with the proper upgrades can be heaven...My two current live faves are now the PRS and my MexiStrat with full upgrades including a Floyd...

The PRS really just blows me away though....It is so good with the split coils and versatile with the tone and volume that I can use it for anything...VERY nice surprise....

Funny, I just bought a PRS Johnny Hiland model last night on Fleabay. I love mpale necks and his model has one. I've always loved the tone and playability of the PRS. It feels like you're cheating. They're so easy to play.
Here's my new one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141037314004&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123#ht_103wt_1255

guitarzan said:
Funny, I just bought a PRS Johnny Hiland model last night on Fleabay. I love mpale necks and his model has one. I've always loved the tone and playability of the PRS. It feels like you're cheating. They're so easy to play.
Here's my new one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141037314004&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123#ht_103wt_1255

Yeah! She's beautiful!

PRS guitars are so versatile. The split hums always sound so spanky and strat-like. Add to that the dirt chunk that can be had in the same axe and you can pretty much play the whole night with one guitar and cover everything needed.