NGD!!! :D

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m0jo

Reaction score
Look at what the postman dropped off :D :D :

dsc00718qi.jpg

dsc00716dw.jpg

dsc00717td.jpg

It is the awesomeness!

For those not in the know: it's an Ibanez SV5470F

It has humbuckers with 3 coils (1 is hidden beneath).
Which means you can switch between true humbucker and true single coil tones with a push-pull pot!
Waaay better sound then a lifeless split humbucker tone. :)

It also has a non-locking trem but with the ball-bearings of the ZR. (which I love on my S)
Combined with locking tuners that means it's stable as hell!

It plays .. well let me quote Satch here: "like buttah!"

:D

That's really nice Joris !
Love the colour and the pickup concept is brilliant.

So thats two of us with an Ibanez S type NGD this week :D
Did you see my one?

ibanezsf470007.jpg

That pickup concept seems awesome. How do they sound? I know ibby pickups usually sound so so in basswood, but awesome in just about everything else. I'm hoping these are similar.

sepherus said:
That pickup concept seems awesome. How do they sound? I know ibby pickups usually sound so so in basswood, but awesome in just about everything else. I'm hoping these are similar.

The pickups sound great, the single coil setting is just like having switched guitars to a strat!
The sound is a bit cleaner than most strats I've played (less high endy garbage if you get what I mean), which means the sparklyness really comes out nice :)
The bridge single is insane for funk riffs :D very snappy and agressive.
The neck is very beautifull, warm and light in single mode, fuller in humbucker mode.

In humbucker mode the tone is great, lots of harmonics (I was afraid it might miss those).
In terms of how they sound.. it's hard to say, it's a slightly more complex sound that the average humbucker.
I figure this is because of the 2 different magnets in 1 pickup, but I really like the outcome, you can play anything with it!

It works **** well on every channel or amp tone too, I tried it with my Randall setup for about half an hour yesterday .. and I was blown away how every possible combination of amp and pickup setting sounds awesome!! :D

BTW Jonathan, that looks awesome! Insane quilt on there!
It's hard to photograph the flame on mine, but it's really sweet too! :D

Is that full maple?
It looks great, but .. no trem? :? ;)

I forgot to mention, the Iba also has a bolt on the back, which allows you to set the trem to down-only in about 4 seconds.
The only stupid thing is that the backplate is closed up there, so you can't reach it quickly.
But my sister and her Delft tech university tools can help me out there ;)

m0jo said:
BTW Jonathan, that looks awesome! Insane quilt on there!
Is that full maple?
It looks great, but .. no trem? :? ;)

Not maple on there at all Joris - it's Pommele Sapele which looks like quilted mahogany to most people

Sapele_Pommele_Af_Hvy.jpg

I have a thread on the transformation of this guitar into how she looks now here
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=12450&highlight=

I still like my floyds but I wanted some hardtail guitars too

Ah my bad, I thought it was the photo that made it look "different". ;)

Looks great though!

Not my type of colour, but that's a matter of taste ;)