nova System with RM4 and RT2/50

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veets987

Reaction score
So im thinking about getting a TC Nova System. Anyone know if i would be able to have the Nova System do my channel switching for me instead of having the seperate randall footswitch also?

From what i gather using an RM4 and other normal program change mode midi device would simply do

Channel 1.2.3.4. - 5.6.7.8. - 9.10.etc, other midi device
Channel 1.2.3.4. - 1.2.3.4. - 1.2.3.4, RM4

You should be able to set the nova to switch channels fairly easily.......should be right in the Randall manual.

So i got it to switch the channels on the RM4 quite easily. What im trying to figure out now is how to get the RT2/50 to change channels with the RM4. With the footswitch i had before i could assign channel one or channel two of the Rt2/50 to any channel of the Rm4 and it would switch with the module. Now it is just staying on one channel. I noticed that the cable to the Randall 4channel switch is a 7 pin(I think it was 7) and the nova only has a standard 5pin. Would that make a difference?

so i tried everything i could think of and the RT/250 still will not change channels when i try and program it with the RM4 and the nova system. The nova is changing the channels on the RM4 i just cannot get the RT2/50 to change channels when i change preamps. Weird thing is i unplugged the Nova and pulled out the Randall 4 channel switch and it worked fine with it. Any Advice this is driving me nuts.....

Does the Nova have options to send MIDI for multiple MIDI units (such as MIDI 1, MIDI 2, etc...)? I think that's your problem. If not that unit itself, probably the foot controller you are now using. For example, a Midimate foot controller will send MIDI to several looped devices. On the Midimate itself I need to tell it what to tell each unit to do. If my Xpression is first it is 1, the RM4 is next and is MIDI 2 and the RT 2/50 is thrird and MIDI 3. I need to go into each patch I save on the Midimate and tell it what to do. It isn't like the RM4 to the RT 2/50 setup.

I think i follow you. The Nova does have the option for multiple units like you stated. So If im following you right i need to have the RM4 set as MIDI 1 and then the RT2/50 as MIDI 2 and program accordingly? I will try tonight and hopefully this will solve the issue. BTW Jaded the Plexi mod sounds killer. Thanks alot!!!!!!!

Yea i tried and still not working. Im at a loss here. Im sure there is a way to do it. I might just sell the thing and go back to stompboxes...

veets987 said:
I might just sell the thing and go back to stompboxes...

I've heard this a bunch. If I had a dollar.... :roll:

------------------------------------------------

A guy goes in to see the doctor...

He says, "Doc, I've been going around singing 'What's New Pussycat'. I can't help myself."

The doctor replies, "Sounds like Tom Jones Syndrome to me.

The guy says, "Is it common?"

The doctor says, "It's not unusual". :lol: