Peavey Classic 50/50 and pod xt pro

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
I just picked up a peavey classic 50/50 power amp and i ordered a Line 6 pod xt with all 3 amp model and efx packs spent about 450$ for the pair. Has anyone else run a pod xt pro or a pod pro for a preamp? Im hoping that the peavey warms up the pods tones a bit.
-mp-

I ran a POD XT Pro as my main gigging rig for a while. I still have it for a backup rig. It doesn't have a lot of great amp models (I didn't like most of them), but I will say that it DOES have a few very respectable amp tones. In particular, the Treadplate model does a very nice modern high gain sound. I use mine with a solid state power amp (a Carver - it's a way cool innovative power amp), and it sounds fine.

The Pod will never stack up against really good tube amp gain in the room. But gigging? Most people, including guitarists, won't be able to tell the difference with the good amp models. Like the saying goes, "Once the drums kick in, you can't really distinguish shades of tone."

My XT Pro had the standard efx pack, so it did not have a lot of choices in the effects department, but it definitely had enough to gig with. Also, did you get the FBV board for controlling the XT Pro? If not, it is a very nice footcontroller. It connects with a CAT 5 cable, which used to be expensive, but now it's probably cheaper than a 7 pin MIDI cable.

Did you get the power amp and the XT Pro with those extra packs for $350? That's an incredibly awesome deal.

Yeah Im ordering the FBV shortboard when i come up with another 100 bucks they are cheap through GC used... I have always loved line 6's stuff so i cant wait to try this new preamp/poweramp combo out!
-mp-

I used an xt live and a Marshall 50/50 and peavey classic 60 for awhile. I would agree with gag on this one. The models kinda sucked, but nut saying there aren't good tones to be had. It does warm it up A bit but you'll still notice its. The people at the bar however probably will not :)

Yeah I got the peavey 50/50 for 150$ and the pod xt pro for 200$ with all of the amp packs preinstalled. I was a great deal i think!
-mp-

I got the whole setup running today and wow once i got the output set to power amp i was pretty happy with alot of the tones from the metal shop and the regular tones too...
-mp-

I am only having trouble dialing in my crunch tone it seems like the only one im really liking is a jcm-800 with the gain dialed back...
-mp-

Man you are a busy dude.

Anyway, just curious what is driving the Line 6 tone chase when you have some awesome mods? I'll bet there are several patches worth keeping. Then I would bet that your mods would beat their asses easily. Of course, I'm known to be incorect. :wink:

Its just a little project, I have owned 3 line 6 amps so i know how they work and how to get decent tones out of them. The pod xt pro that i bought had all the model packs so it comes out to a total of 106 amp models and i would say that probably 60% of them are usable with some heavy tweaking, What i love about line 6 is having 128 channels (4 per bank) at my disposal and also they seem to be fairly warm through the 12 tubes in the peavey classic 50/50
I was going to buy another HD100 but i cant find one for the price i wanna pay. This Will NEVER replace my MTS Gear but its an interesting backup plan if my rm 50 or rm100 decides to **** the bed again.
-mp-

zepplin490 said:
Its just a little project, I have owned 3 line 6 amps so i know how they work and how to get decent tones out of them. The pod xt pro that i bought had all the model packs so it comes out to a total of 106 amp models and i would say that probably 60% of them are usable with some heavy tweaking, What i love about line 6 is having 128 channels (4 per bank) at my disposal and also they seem to be fairly warm through the 12 tubes in the peavey classic 50/50
I was going to buy another HD100 but i cant find one for the price i wanna pay. This Will NEVER replace my MTS Gear but its an interesting backup plan if my rm 50 or rm100 decides to **** the bed again.
-mp-

Sounds good to me. I was just wondering. Have fun!!

Ive really been into the pod xt pro alot in the past couple days ive made 3 banks of 4 custom presets that i can use live, ive got a cornford 50 for my mid gain crunch channel, a fender twin reverb for my clean channel, a soldano slo100 for my high gain channel and a deizel herbert for my lead channel, these are my 4 main channels ive got a gnr channel and a couple srv channels in bank 2 but the four main channels are what ill run once i get my fbv shortboard.
-mp-