Price Check - Randall R212CB

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scary groove

Reaction score
I have a chance to score a Randall R212CB guitar speaker cabinet with Celestion vintage 30 speakers. It's the cloth grille and closed back. I an get this for about $200-225. I have not researched this yet. Is that worth getting? Thanks for your help

I looked at this exact model when I was shopping for my cab and it was in the neighborhood of $600 new at the time. For that price I ended up getting a Mesa cab, but for 200-225 I would have jumped on the Randall in a heartbeat.

Killer cab....puts out a lot of low end.

I switched one of the v30s for a WGS ET65s....loved that combo, it made for a really great midrange, but the 2xv30s was just as much fun.

I have a R212CS (V30s, mic eliminator, full removable and 1/3 removable back) that I paid $180 for and it was a great deal. Turned out that the original V30s were replaced with 16ohm V30s so the ohm settings on the back were wrong but it sounded great before I swapped in some other 8ohm speakers I had. Now sounds better to me. Great cabs IMO.