Problem with RH150G3 plus

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montto_

Reaction score
I just got my RH150G3 yesterday and it just won't work like it should.

When the overdrive level is turned over six the amp goes completely silent for a few seconds and this repeats as long as the level is over six. Power stays on all the time.

If I keep the overdrive level under six and raise the volume with master volume everything works just right.

What is this? Does anyone else have this kind of problem?

I just purchased a new RH150G3 and I have not had that problem at all.

Which overdrive chan are you using that is creating this? (there are 2 types on it, modern and old brit if I am not mistaken)

When I was testing the amps in the shop I was comparing the 300 with the 150 on the same matched quadbox and the 300 made the box fart out even at volume 1. The 150 was far more versatile and I have had no problems with it at all.

I suggest you go back to where you purchased it and tell them about it, perhaps even have the head replaced assuming it is still under warranty.

****, I got the new amp for replacement and it also has the same problem. Now I'm just going to ignore it. There is too much trouble to change the amp again. I purchased it from an another country so it's going to take for ever to change the amp once again.

I can get enough volume out of the amp anyway...

hey there, yep i get this too, yet at a higher volume

the distortion for me is thin and screwy for some reason.. so I run a pedal through clean and it cuts out when the master + level go over about 8.5..

i wonder if its an amp trait to not break the speakers accidentally, yet hearing that others dont get this problem then im stumped..