Quick JF PV VIL/ EV Trilogy clip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rossness

Reaction score
I recorded a quick clip of my PV VIL/EV Trilogy (prototype) module.

I played the chorus to a song I'm writing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxnCN-BdSC0

Dig the tune, dude! If you can hear your voice above the amp, though, it aint loud enough! ;) Would really like to hear the finished product, once you get it tracked and everything - can definitely hear where it's going, and it's rad.

I too would have liked to have heard more of the amp but your voice ain't bad at all man! Vox are the hardest thing to find.. the module sounds good too.

On a side note, you ARE Mr. Color eh?? Jesus, never seen a guy so into color and flowers and psychedelia. Hey ya gotta own it. You also have a $hitload of gear!! I remember seeing your mini too. Do you own a startup company of some sort?

Kapo_Polenton said:
I too would have liked to have heard more of the amp but your voice ain't bad at all man! Vox are the hardest thing to find.. the module sounds good too.

On a side note, you ARE Mr. Color eh?? Jesus, never seen a guy so into color and flowers and psychedelia. Hey ya gotta own it. You also have a $hitload of gear!! I remember seeing your mini too. Do you own a startup company of some sort?

Thanks. Singing runs in my family. My dad used to be in a barbershop quartet. My sister has been involved in musical theater for about 30 years. I started out as a singer and somehow got into guitar. In every band I've been in, I always end up singing lead.

Most of the gear on my youtube channel is old and sold. A lot of time I'll own a piece of gear for a few weeks, fix it up and sell/ flip it. I have a little side business, "RSN Guitar Works" and a lot of gear passes through my door. Currently I have 2 MTS rigs, 6 guitars and a few pedals. I've slimmed down my collection a lot. At one point, I had 11 guitars, a wall of amps and I went broke buying them all. That said, I know a guy who has 40 Guitars, a few guitar amps and a bunch of bass amps.

No, I don't have a dot com startup (I wish!). Besides the guitars, I do legal work and voiceovers.

I am into color however. I don't know what it is, but I'm into being flashy and standing out. Its just my style....And when I go into the office, everyone dresses in black, grey and blue. Then there's me and I stick out like a sore thumb :)

Yowsa! That's a lot of gear and $$$ spent just to take a hit on it and flip it! I would def. say that at the rate you sometimes buy modded modules, your eyes might be bigger than your stomach :( We've all been there though. I find it really hard these days to say enough is enough and to focus on my playing rather than the smallest of nuances in tone. I mean I've already got 4-5 diff Marshall tone modules, how many more do I need? Like you I have about 5-6 guitars.I probably didn't need them but I like the 500-1000$ priced guitars so things can get tricky! Then add in the quest for tone with pickups and it becomes a **** show.

So given your quest for tone and all the gear you have bought, what have you liked in terms of delay pedals and booster/OD pedals? Today i swapped a digitech digiverb for a Wylde OD. The Wylde OD is noisy as hell! But it does sound good with just a hint of gain and the tone at about 11.

Kapo_Polenton said:
Yowsa! That's a lot of gear and $$$ spent just to take a hit on it and flip it! I would def. say that at the rate you sometimes buy modded modules, your eyes might be bigger than your stomach :( We've all been there though. I find it really hard these days to say enough is enough and to focus on my playing rather than the smallest of nuances in tone. I mean I've already got 4-5 diff Marshall tone modules, how many more do I need? Like you I have about 5-6 guitars.I probably didn't need them but I like the 500-1000$ priced guitars so things can get tricky! Then add in the quest for tone with pickups and it becomes a **** show.

So given your quest for tone and all the gear you have bought, what have you liked in terms of delay pedals and booster/OD pedals? Today i swapped a digitech digiverb for a Wylde OD. The Wylde OD is noisy as hell! But it does sound good with just a hint of gain and the tone at about 11.

Delays and OD's...

The best delay I've played is a MXR Carbon Copy. That said, I always end up buying a new module instead of getting the carbon copy. I rarely use delay, but when I do, it's either in my FX loop w/ a boss GT10 or in front of my amp with my Line 6 M13.

As for OD's. My two favorites are 1) a Suhr Riot and 2) a Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde (I just use the OD side of it). I'll also use the M13 for a clean boost, and some fuzz.

I've been doing the guitar flipping for a while now and rarely do I take a hit.

I've got my BIG eyes 2 guitars this year- 1) the new Ibanez Paul Gilbert Fireman and 2) a Custom Shop Heritage H535........ Then again, the Heritage is going to be around $3k and maybe I'll use that money for my first motorcycle. I'd love a Triumph Thruxton 900 if I could find one :)

Nice tune. You done great job. Thanks for sharing this nice tune and video for the same.

I saw your vid with a swet *** bengal tiger Lynch axe.. I liked the small mods you made to that thing. did you end up selling it? Looked and sounded great.

Kapo_Polenton said:
I saw your vid with a swet *** bengal tiger Lynch axe.. I liked the small mods you made to that thing. did you end up selling it? Looked and sounded great.

I've had 3 LTD lynch guitars. 1 was a GL600 MT, alder body, german made floyd and Screamin' Demon PU. The other two axes were the GL200 MT's- Basswood Body, no name PU liscensed Floyd.

It was one of the GL200's which I had modded. I think I had a SD Custom Custom trembucker pickup, MIK floyd, fret level/ crown/ polish, Pink dimarzio cliplock strap, a killswitch and a tone knob as well as a sticker. It was a nice playing axe, it had a thicker than everage neck and was fast to play on. That said, my ears don't like basswood and while it looked cool and was a hell of a player, I sold it as the tone didn't gel with me.... A few months ago, I saw someone on TGP selling it. They had added an EMG pickup and were billing it as "A Shredders Dream Machine".