Quick noob question. response needed

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MorgMetal666

Reaction score
I have a RM20 combo and a 4x12 cab. how do i use the speaker extension on the rm20 so the output comes from the 4x12 cab instead of the single speaker in the combo? i have a speaker cable and all that.
Also the combo says 8/16 ohms, so if my cab is 8 ohms mono i should be good?
would just the rm20 combo itself play fine with a drummer, or should i have the cab for clearer sound?
thanks

MorgMetal666 said:
I have a RM20 combo and a 4x12 cab. how do i use the speaker extension on the rm20 so the output comes from the 4x12 cab instead of the single speaker in the combo? i have a speaker cable and all that.
Also the combo says 8/16 ohms, so if my cab is 8 ohms mono i should be good?
would just the rm20 combo itself play fine with a drummer, or should i have the cab for clearer sound?
thanks
I would guess just run from the speaker extension with the amp set to 8 ohms into the cab. Is it still sounding through the combo speaker even with the ENGL plugged in?

Well when i just plug the speaker right in, no sound comes from the ENGL, but still runs through the speaker in the combo. So nothing changes when i just hook it up, i guess something else has to be done.. :?

You need to flip the switch to 'silent' or whatever it is.....you can't run the internal speaker and an external speaker with these on the stock wiring....

JKD said:
MorgMetal666 said:
Perfect, that was the trick.
thanks steve

Hope the 20 works out far ya....you headed off to college or sumthink?

yeah, up in Washington at Gonzaga. The 20 has been great, the tone is just what i need, but another channel would be perfect. I still have to get my gear situation all taken care of.