Quiet rig? (RM100)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pseudosam74

Reaction score
I have a 100watt RM100 head into an XL 4x12 cab. I regularly use the Ultra XL, SL+, and Top Boost mods in it. By all reasoning, that thing ought to be able to peel paint off of the walls. However, although the tone is magnificent.. it seems a bit quiet. I have to turn up the master volume to about 75% to keep up with most drummers. I have both the gain and the levels on each mod going at about 50%. If I go any higher, I get so much noise that even my hush gate won't take care of it. I have some stuff running through both loops. But even when I take them out of the loop, the volume is still the same.
Is that just the nature of the amp? Or do I have a setting wrong somewhere?

PS I've tried both 4 and 16 ohm settings on the cab/amp.

Do you know how much wear does your power tubes have? What kinda quality speaker cable are you using>

Bump for this - I'm only running 2 modules, as I just got the amp, but I'm getting a huge buzz. Checked cables, everything - haven't tried new tubes, but would that really be the problem for what sounds like a really bad ground loop?