RANDALL RM100 POPPING FOUND FUSES, HELP ID FUSES?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kudogg

Reaction score
Bought a RM100 off Reverb, plug in turn on hear a popping noise, then boom no sound. Get permission from seller to inspect and I find two blown fuses, I can barely make out 1.6L 250mA on the fuses. To locate the fuses, I removed the MIDI IN AND OUT circuit board, that is held next to the power plug, by two screws. so the two fuses are UNDER the MIDI removable circuit board. They are blown.

To make sure, someone else didn't put in the WRONG fuses (I know Randall's have problems with fuses), can someone tell me what are the correct fuses to replace them with?

Also, what do you think the issue is? None of the tube fuses popped... which kind of worries me to be honest.

I'm hoping a skilled person can look at the attached picture and schematics and tell me the exact fuses to buy to test with.

ALSO: should I even **** with this amp or just return it? Seems like a serious issue since the fuses are on the actual circuit board. Nothing is charred or anything. Someone put in a Foglifter too, if that helps, maybe they fucked it up when they put in the foglifter? I dunno.

Attachments

• image_67194113.JPG
    image_67194113.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 7
  • RM100 - Schematics Full.zip
    305.1 KB · Views: 0