Randall RS125CX

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
How many people are running through this 2x12 1x15?
I'll take feedback on anyone who has ever heard it before- does this bring a new level to 7 stringers?

now I'm torn, I really respect hyenik here....but I just imagine a 1x15 chunks out the low end(?) Or is it an unnecessay marketing ploy?

Coinsider I currently play through a Marshall 1960av (slant with v30s) and a Mesa vertical oversized 2x12 (v30s)

I've never played it but have been interested in it for a while now..

I think the balance will be a bit off with 2x12 and 1x15.
If you'd put a 2x12 or 4x12 on top/under/next to it, I think it would give some great extra chunk..

Finally scored one! The cab I posted about last year just sat in the local shop....finally discounted down from $599 to $249 :shock: :shock: :shock:

One day in and I'm loving it- hence the Marshall 4x12 for sale.
The marshall is a great cab, just has that friendly Marshally Mids bark. This Randall sounds a lot more angry- which matches my current tunes. 5 years ago my band had a poppier E/Eb edge and the Marshall slayed, but playing a lot more DropC to DropA and the Randall is an excellent choice.

The 15 is a lot more subtle than you think- it doesn't jump out thunder on you- it's not like there's a crossover circuit involved. But I can crank the density to the max at 100dbs and it delivers!

I lose some of the Marshall Zakk tone I used to love, but the advantages are all lo-mid-modern-hi-gain glory.

Modules sound different/better. The Angel keeps it's clarity but suddenly becomes a lot closer to the real Engl. Through the Marshall it was just a little to pretty, through the Randall it has a sinister edge I really dig.

Maybe I should do a speaker shootout?

Note to self- speaker selection is a big factor when evaluating modules

Sure, speakers got a lot to do in the overall sound ;)

I tried the 125cx a pair of years ago and it is really a nice beast. not dark sounding at all, not thinning out normal guitar frequencies but just adding dynamics in the low end.

They have become quite rare around here, but I wish I try it when my 7 string will get back....

Actually I run my heads into a Randall RS412V with V30s. Very close to a mesa cab -I A/Bed these in my favorite shop, the mesa is just a bit more silky in the top end.