Rectified with Grail mod - sample!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NunSuperior

Reaction score
Looky! I modified it all by myself. I feel like such a big boy. No explosions or nuthin'.

I finally got around to modifying my Rectified module with the 'Grail mod'. Unfortunately I forgot to order one part, so it turned out to be a partial mod for now. Thanks tons to all the helpful advice and information on these boards, you know who you are.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=652578

This is a clip of the before and after sound of a Randall MTS amp using the Rectified module. The first part of the clip is the stock version, the second part is the same module with a partial Grail modification done to it.

I like how the bass response is much clearer with less mushy bass sound in the gain stages. The mid range still needs tweaking. Hopefully I can move the mid knob EQ to a higher frequency with the final C14 cap (if that's what it does).

Mod notes: The C3 capacitor was changed from .0022uF to .001uF and the R1-3 resistors changed from 470 ohm to 150 ohms. I still need to finish the modification with a C14 capacitor from 300pF to 470pF. I used Orange Drop caps and Carbon Composite resistors if anyone cares.

Recording notes: Randall MTS 50B combo amp with a 1x12" Celestion V30 speaker (not the standard T75). The mic was with a Sennheiser E609 at modest bedroom volume. A 'small room' reverb effect was applied post recording to make it sound more like the original tone. The guitar was a Washburn WI68 Idol USA with a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom in the bridge. The high E intonation was a little wonky, sorry. I need to change the strings.

Enjoy!