RM100 and effects

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reilly

Reaction score
ok so im debating on which effect unit i want to switch to and would like any feedback you guys can give me. Im using a lexicon mx300 for effects (which sounds fantastic) but there is a delay and the unit drops out for a sec when switching patches.

So im leaning toward a g-major or a rocktron expression. So if anyone has or is using either of these units id like some feed back on your likes and dislikes. And what you recommend.

The things that are a must have for me is a variety of tonal options/effects, transparency (i hate when a unit sucks my tone) and seamless transitions when switching channels/presets.

thanks for your help

Some people may disagree with me but I think the G-Major sucks too much tone. I had one for a few years and while the effects were nice and the transitions were seamless, either the AD/DA or the buffers colored my sound too much to be usable. I've read reviews that say the unit is completely transparent and I'm guessing those users may have units that had better manufacturing. Also worth noting, you cannot change the wet/dry mix at the preset level. If you want to run the unit in a parallel loop you have to enable the global Kill Dry setting which sets the Dry mix to 0% for all presets.

I have not used any of the Rocktron units but I hear good things in terms of transparency and seamless patch changes.

I wrote a small review of the new Digitech GSP-1101 in another thread. I ultimately returned it because I thought the digital was too sterile and you can't run it in a parallel loop (it lacks wet/dry mix). Even though it took away tube warmth, it was one of the most transparent (least coloring) units I have used.

If price isn't an issue you might want to check out the Fractal Audio AxeFx. I'm definitely GAS'ing for one, but then who isn't?