RM4 different possible out connections

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamner1

Reaction score
Can the Out Pre Loop & the outs Post Loop be used at the same time?
* Thought is if running stereo you could have the dry signal strait from the preloop, wet signal from the post loop.

Can both Post loop outs be used for a stereo configuration?
* Thought process here is to have 1 of the outs go strait to the power amp (dry) & the other go to an effects unit & then to the power amp (wet
).

If i understand you correctly.....

Yes the two post loops can be used together. But you cannot have one run sans fx loop and the other run with fx loops in it. I've never tried to run the pre and post at the same time so that might be an idea as well (if it works). The two post outs are identical. I have run both at the same time to great effect. When i am doing demo work and don't need power amps or cabinets i turn those off and run lines from the other post out directly to the board while leaving the other ones going to the amp plugged in. If you intend on having your fx module after the post out then yes you can do as you said and run one direct and dry and the other to an fx unit then out. I am not sure though if you need to pad the outputs (i.e if the outs are going to overdrive a standard unit).

Peace, Joshua

Mister Joshua said:
If you intend on having your fx module after the post out then yes you can do as you said and run one direct and dry and the other to an fx unit then out. I am not sure though if you need to pad the outputs (i.e if the outs are going to overdrive a standard unit).

Peace, Joshua

Thank you for the response. As quoted above this was my thought on using the 2 Post Loop Outs (nothing in the series or parallel loops). If needed how would I pad the output for the signal going to the effects unit?

I've tried the pre- and post-out, it seems to me the pre is quieter (I think because the output buffer tube isn't in the chain)
But apart from that no problem running them both.

You could also use the series loop out if you're not using it, it is buffered. :)

m0jo I may have to try that out at some point. What I did try was using both outs (post loop), left to effects unit & that to channel 1 & right direct to channel 2. What I noticed is the wet signal is quieter than the dry signal. I need to run channel 1 (w/the effects) at about 4 or 5 when I have channel 2 (dry) at about 2. So far I am digging this setup & I get to hear the true tone of Mr Scary. When I was running mono with the effects unit in the signal chain I just could not get the tone I wanted out of my Scary module, but I knew it had the tone I wanted from running the RM4 direct to the power amp in mono.