RM4 into Bogner Uberschall

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibenhad

Reaction score
Used my Uberschall as a power amp the other night as a test and wow. The tone was **** amazing. I may buy a 4 space rack and amp head case combo unit to house this setup and start using it this way. The Uberschall has a special design in order to do this and allows the use of the front panel presence control and you must insert a jack into the front input in order to activate. I may have found the perfect setup....

This would be perfect -

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B0053Z32R0/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous

Using the power section from a different head is a common practice. But what a sound experience it is when you run a preamp through a high quality power section, huh ibenhad.

The Uberschalls have a maddening power section. I've never run an RM4 through my TJ when I had it at the time. But running my Bogner Fish's Cantrell mod through it was sick. The Fish's preamp natural attribute inherits the power sections of the host. Running it through the power section of the Cameron it sounded like a it belonged in the F'n CCV design.

Do you find similar behavior with the RM4 through the uber?

bhuard75 said:
Cameron CCV
VHT Classic 2100, Fryette 292. RM22
Mills Acoustic 412 Loaded w/ScumBacks
Stinnett Guitars

Off topic, but oooh, Stinnett! I really miss following his build threads over on the Andy Sneap forum.

His builds are sick. Even after just LOOKING @ his work. How do you buy anything else competitively priced?

bhuard75 said:
His builds are sick. Even after just LOOKING @ his work. How do you buy anything else competitively priced?
Yes, Will builds some sweet guitars. He lives close to me and I see him at
local functions sometimes. Cool guy too!

I tried the same with my Ecstasy and was just as amazed. I wonder if there is a way to upgrade the Randall power section.

I dunno maybe someone should contact Bogner and see. A power section on an RM100 modded by Bogner would be sick. Only way I'm ever getting rid of my Uber is if I get an Ecstasy. I will always own a Bogner....

bhuard75 - everything sounds good through the Uberschall power section. My ADA MP-1 3TM sounds awesome through it. Gives it that bottom I always felt they were missing..