RM4 Rig has arrived!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckmehh

Reaction score
:twisted:

Thanks to a very gracious and helpful drewiv, I got my RM4 today, complete with 4 modules:

Blackface
Ultra XL
Ultra Lead
Gigmods 1087

Man, I remember why I used to love the MTS stuff. It's just so **** good. I feel like so many people are missing out! More to us I suppose :D.

I'm running it into a Carvin TS100 power amp into a Randall XL cab with 2 vintage 30's and a 15" Eminence legend. I'm also using a DBX 166XL in the loop as well as a 31 band EQ.

I love the cleans from the Blackface, they're exactly what I want in a clean. Nice and round :D.

The Ultra XL is exactly what I remember, a searing high gain beast! So much bite with that thing; I love it :twisted:

The Ultra Lead, on the other hand, is a little too dark for me. It has a really strong midrange though, so I can understand why it would cut through nicely for lead work.

And my favorite of the bunch, the Gigmods 1087! This is one of the designated high gainers I didn't own in the past. It holds its own with the Salvation 1666 and Mamba from what my memory recalls. I remember never being able to decide between the Ultra XL and 1666 or Mamba...well...I can decide with the 1087. It's a beast and it's SUPER clear.

Now, I just need a Mashall+......

All in all, I'm glad to be back and excited to continue the MTS journey. I wanted an Axe Fx at first, but I"m more than content with this now. This is where it's at. :twisted: :twisted:

IMAG0420.jpg

IMAG0421.jpg

Yeeeees glad you rejoined us =)

And nice rig you got there.....
How's the Carvin TS100 with MTS stuff?
Wanted to try one with my RM4 but never had the chance....

Katash said:
Yeeeees glad you rejoined us =)

And nice rig you got there.....
How's the Carvin TS100 with MTS stuff?
Wanted to try one with my RM4 but never had the chance....

I'm glad to be back as well! It absolutely slays so far man. I couldn't be happier. Adds a nice punch and fullness to the tone without too much coloring. I'm not running it in stereo yet though because of my cab, but I"m going to bring another cab up hopefully this weekend and get the stereo sound happenin :D.

I'm happy it arrived safely, I'm always worried about that. I'm also glad you're back in the MTS world. Nice looking rig, I'm pretty familiar with it. :lol:

chuckmehh said:
The Ultra Lead, on the other hand, is a little too dark for me. It has a really strong midrange though, so I can understand why it would cut through nicely for lead work.

It cuts to the extreme, I had it modded into a Mash-oldano because I simply couldn't 'balance' it without having to dial out the clarity out of my other 2 gain modules to get it to fit

By itself it was marvelous
With an outboard EQ it would've probably been possible to not go to extremes to be able to use it in cooperation with the rest, but that would take away much of its charm

The UL and a blackface in an RM22/RM50 would be a great combo though

drewiv said:
I'm happy it arrived safely, I'm always worried about that. I'm also glad you're back in the MTS world. Nice looking rig, I'm pretty familiar with it. :lol:

Couldn't have done it without ya! haha With the way it was packaged, I don't see how anything could have happened to it! That was awesome :D.

Nightdare said:
chuckmehh said:

It cuts to the extreme, I had it modded into a Mash-oldano because I simply couldn't 'balance' it without having to dial out the clarity out of my other 2 gain modules to get it to fit

By itself it was marvelous
With an outboard EQ it would've probably been possible to not go to extremes to be able to use it in cooperation with the rest, but that would take away much of its charm

The UL and a blackface in an RM22/RM50 would be a great combo though

That makes sense too, it just doesn't fit well with the others. THe others are a little more ice-picky (not ice-picky, just more so than the Ultra Lead) and it just doesn't have the same attack the other two do. And attack is a BIG deal to me, so the other two are where it's at thus far.

chuckmehh said:
And my favorite of the bunch, the Gigmods 1087! This is one of the designated high gainers I didn't own in the past. It holds its own with the Salvation 1666 and Mamba from what my memory recalls. I remember never being able to decide between the Ultra XL and 1666 or Mamba...well...I can decide with the 1087. It's a beast and it's SUPER clear.
I used to own that 1087 module - in fact I'm pretty sure I sold that one to Drew. I'm trying to remember why now because that was one of my favorites too, and I know there was a time I was sure I'd never get rid of it!

Enjoy it man! 8)

HughJasol said:
I used to own that 1087 module - in fact I'm pretty sure I sold that one to Drew. I'm trying to remember why now because that was one of my favorites too, and I know there was a time I was sure I'd never get rid of it!

Enjoy it man! 8)

Thanks man! It is definitely a rippin module. i dig it for sure. I just like to try everything though, and there are a few modded high gainers that I haven't had still, so I won't say I'm DEFINITELY keeping it. I prefer to try everything then come back to what I like. I'll make a little list ranking them haha So far The 1087/Mamba/1666 are in a 3-way tie for first with the Ultra XL being a great cheaper option in 2nd. Everything else falls in the "I don't even want it" range haha