RM50 doesn't like a module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky

Reaction score
I got my RM50 and love it. However I have found one issue with it...it does not like one of my modules. I have a Legacy III mod from JF called the VAI AGRA and it is the only one of my many mods that farts out in the RM50....either bay does the same thing. Any ideas? Any experience with a problem like this?
thanks in advance
Also has anyone started using the fog lifter or Antony's Presence/Density board in their RM50? Does it make a difference?

There was something a while back about some modules having slightly shorter boards and didn't sit exactly right in some amps. Rob has the description of the issue on his website in the FAQ section, warranty question.. Was it a new donor from Rob or did you send one in? Give him a call.

And here's my review when I got my Foglifters and it still stands true. I'd add that it made a bit more difference with my RM100 as it had the wrong value pots to start with and the RM50 had the correct values. But still made a noticable difference in clarity and low end thump in both. http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=18255

It does sound like an older board issue. Here's a screen shot from Jaded Faith's website talked about above.

Rick and I have emailed about this a few times, I think he was looking for a little feedback from the community on any experiences they may have had.

I think it's coming in for a check up, but I fear it may not replicate here. On a bright note, I have over a dozen MTS rigs to test it on. Hopefully it's not your amp.

Thanks everybody. I am sending it on to Rob soon and hopefully I won't find out that mine is too short to get the job done.....
that module has always been a little too shy in the mod locker room....

ricky said:
Thanks everybody. I am sending it on to Rob soon and hopefully I won't find out that mine is too short to get the job done.....
that module has always been a little too shy in the mod locker room....

There is a fix by shimming something inside the amp. I've never had to do it, but read about it somewhere around these parts.

I actually just plan to slap it around a little and telling it to act right. Us Italian guys from Jersey can be quite convincing when provoked.... 8)