RS412XL VS. R412XLT100

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuitarGod87

Reaction score
I purchased a used cab from Guitar Center which was loaded with V30's. I compared it side by side with my other Randall cab that's loaded with GK100's. I found that the V30's sounded like they were being played at a much lower level than the 100's. Could the V30's be defective or is this normal?
As for the tone, we all know that V30's have the razory midrange kicking and these did. I preferes the 100's over the 30's but I also want the 100's to have more of a razor edge like the 30's. Anyone have any thoughts on these two speakers?

Are they the same ohm rating? I was using 2 cabs for a while, a 4 and an 8 ohm. One was definitely louder than the other.

I used to have a two Mesa Recto oversized 4x12's with V30's. I shortly after got two XL100 (with the 100 watters at "endorsee" prices from a good friend) and sold my Mesas within days. I didnt realize how nasal and trebly the V30's sounded vs the 100 Celestions. The Randall XL cabs seemed to give a "true" and accurate tone from the head/power tubes/mods where the v30's colored them a bit with their honky tone. The low end is tighter and more punch. Some people love the coloration the V30's give- I was happy with those Mesa's unitil got to A/B my stacks. I also like the features of the Randalls (direct mic and bright/normal/dark switching) At least for me, absolutely no comparison-