RT2/50 4x12 Ohms cab question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unconventional

Reaction score
I have a question on Ohms again so I don't screw anything up.

I have a RT2/50 Power amp and a 4x12. For some reason the lopo signature 4x12 cab sounds like **** when I use the bottom speakers in it. I'm still trying to work this out. Thought I had, when I put 4 of the same speakers in it, but it turns out it still sounds like crap.

So, I decided to wire the top two 8 ohm British Leads as 16 ohm to one jack on the cab and the bottom two 8 ohm British Leads as 16 ohm to the other jack.

Now I want to run them on one channel on the power amp and have the option of 4/8/16 ohm. So if I hook both jacks from the cab to both outputs on channel A of the power amp the load is now 8ohms right? So I should put the power amp on 8 ohms, or keep it at 16 ohms?

Confused, thanks.

You've wired both sets in series to get 16 ohms per side is what I read on that. If you jined them in Parallel you'd get 8 ohms (like you said)...do you use the 8 or 16 ohms output on your amp??

8 dude, if you're ever in doubt..after you're done wiring your cab up and you're not sure if you did it right, just stick an ohmmeter in the jack and see what it reads.

just a thought

Yeah, I have an ohm meter. I got 2 speaks top = 16 ohm and 2 speaks bottom = 16 ohm.

So I got each of these 2 sets of speakers wired to 1 jack total of 2 jacks on the cab.

So 2 jacks on the cab, both reading 16 ohm each.

No output A on the power amp has 2 outputs per channel and 1 input. So I should put that channel on 8ohms, correct?

Meaning 2 jacks @ 16 ohm each = 8ohm load on the amp right?

Just want to make sure you understood.

Thanks