RT2/50 dead on arrival :(

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordOVchaoS

Reaction score
Any common problems or ideas?

I bought this used off ebay from Music Go Round. It get here today and I ran my GSP1101 preamp line outs to the line ins of the RT, had it set on stereo and hooked it up a stereo cab with the impedance set correctly. NO output! Occasionally some light static can be heard through the speakers but that's it. I've verified it's not the GSP or the cabinet. I also took the cover off the top of the RT and checked all the fuses, they're all fine.

Please help!!!

Thanks in advance!

It's used. I got it off ebay from Music Go Round. They say it was tested and working flawlessly when it left there.

File a claim with ebay. Paypal. Etc. If you paid via credit card you've got a little clout. Use it. You've basically got a few routes.

1) tell Music Go Round you don't want it and want your money refunded. I've read their return policy and it's your word against theirs as far as the condition in which it left the store. That clause is a way of saying "you buy it. you own it. no returns." Because that is essentially F.O.B. their store. Was it shipped insured? Did something happen in shipping?

2) if that doesn't fly you can file a dispute with your card company and have the charges reversed. Then get something that works. You don't return the merchandise because it doesn't work

3) if you don't want to go that route, or paid via debit instead of credit, you can take it to an amp tech and have it checked out.

Did you check the fuses for the power tubes? Did you try a different quad or pair of power tubes?

I bought a used Steinway grand from a music store. When it arrived the action was messed. They disagreed. They had a tech check it, but the tech had to do it in front of me with me holding the Steinway specifications. I got the store to cough up $700 in repairs, which I just applied toward the $2300 replacement the dodgy action.

Julia said:
2) if that doesn't fly you can file a dispute with your card company and have the charges reversed. Then get something that works. You don't return the merchandise because it doesn't work

Why not use the returned money to get an amp tech to check out the "merchandise" ? So in the end you'll have a working amp.

Julia said:
File a claim with ebay. Paypal. Etc. If you paid via credit card you've got a little clout. Use it. You've basically got a few routes.

1) tell Music Go Round you don't want it and want your money refunded. I've read their return policy and it's your word against theirs as far as the condition in which it left the store. That clause is a way of saying "you buy it. you own it. no returns." Because that is essentially F.O.B. their store. Was it shipped insured? Did something happen in shipping?

3) if you don't want to go that route, or paid via debit instead of credit, you can take it to an amp tech and have it checked out.

Did you check the fuses for the power tubes? Did you try a different quad or pair of power tubes?

I bought a used Steinway grand from a music store. When it arrived the action was messed. They disagreed. They had a tech check it, but the tech had to do it in front of me with me holding the Steinway specifications. I got the store to cough up $700 in repairs, which I just applied toward the $2300 replacement the dodgy action.

They're being very helpful with very good communication so far! They told me to ship it back and they will will refund me. I think I'll go that route and buy a VHT :) Yes I've tried different tubes and checked all the fuses.

it could be to do with the fuse no? like check the fuse is properly set depending on your country

My Rt2/50 fell from 4ft up (in its rack) and it s fine. Ive played in 100 degree heat for a few hours and it's fine. I've had it sit in a cold, winetry car for a few hours and then come in...get to room temp and play a good gig.
I really think something is not hooked up properly ( a bad cable??), a fuse has gone bad (but is not detectably bad to the eye)..or something else. These amps are nearly bullet proof,imho.
GtrGeorge