RT2/50

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do. The internal fan takes care of cooling. I have mine in a Gator brand
shallow case. Makes moving the RT2/50 and the RM4 doable.

Thanks for the reply

Had it run for a few hours (though admittedly not pushing the tubes hard) in an SKB case
the only 'hotspot' ended up behind/above the tubes and hot being an overstatement

This was only for trying it out for the moment, if your answer was negative
I'd have yanked it out and put it in a 4u

The back covers are always off and, since it's a shallow 2u case, the
output tubes are actually closer to open air space than they were in a 4u
SKB case. No issues with heat.

Should be fine as long as nothing bloks the back of the rack. So don't shove it right up to a wall ;)

I also run it in a 2U rack, it's fine, even with a slower fan in mine.
(the loud one was driving me crazy)

How are yyou liking the tones?? :D

Nightdare said:
Disciple said:
You guys are leaving the back cover off correct?

Kind of hard to connect anything otherwise :wink:

Just asking cause I've seen players that kept backs on theirs when playing, why I have no clue. I've never had a heat issue with mine, 10 space road ready case.

Disciple said:
Just asking cause I've seen players that kept backs on theirs when playing, why I have no clue. I've never had a heat issue with mine, 10 space road ready case.

I would rather ask "How" since you'd have to grab a saw or a drill and open a (number of) hole(s) to get the cables through

Perhaps you're thinking of an SKB shallow case where the lid is flush with the rear (but still needs to be removed to reach the unit)

I've seen the plastic skb cases that people had connected with back on but had a hole or two in bottom edge to feed power cable, speaker wire to.

It made no sense they should've just taken back off, it's better for ventilation but Ive only seen the closed back 2 or 3 times.

Yep, some people do that. Maybe to protect from people screwing around?

With proper ventilation it shouldn't be a problem, you need some active circulation (ie. fans) if you're closing the back.