S1SO clips

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, sounds like I may want to try this one at some point!!! Very nice man...Can you do a video A/B'ing that and teh Mamba?? And Angel if you have one? haha

EDIT: Just got to that part of the video!!! hahah Thanks man :)

The original clip was an Angel...I was going to throw it in there, but the whole process became time consuming. VideoPad is a new program I just bought and it completely sucks- simple things like titles/subtitles are tough to put in, then they don't move when you edit the video. It finally looked great but now I see the end result and the fonts mysteriously switched to size 10 :x

I'll need to buy Pinnacle or Audition
Angel has much better clarity, but less sizzle- great for a skilled player. SlopShredders like me might enjoy the S1SO more, the gain is sick. I didn't really display in the video, but the pinch harmonics on the low strings are HUGE.

I may wait a few more days, but right now my love for S1S0 is so grand I'm tempted to do a module selloff :shock:

sounds great. i'm thinking about getting this module some time. i was actually about to get a Peavey 5150 Combo off of craigslist a few months before i got my RM80. Glad i waited. If you do decide to get rid of some modules...would you possibly be interested in a JF Recto?

FYI
Sound level:Moderate 80dbls
6L6s

LOL, All that time I spent and the guitar is out of tune :oops:
I've been working on this tune for >2years, these tracks were made for a drum guide. I'll try to replay them after I get some beats

These modules are freshly made- not burned in yet. The Salvo Orange I had became so much better over time. I had a Mamba once before and this new one does seem brighter; over time I expect it'll warm up and become more complex and organic 8)

JKMV12: JF makes great mods, but I already have Gigmods Recto. Does your JF have Red/Orange switch by any chance?

I'm definitely diggin that man...Is that straight/no boost? Do you have an OD you could record with it? :) I'm a super gain ***** and love the extra kick an OD gives amps. Nice little clean boost ya know?

crankyrayhanky said:
JKMV12: JF makes great mods, but I already have Gigmods Recto. Does your JF have Red/Orange switch by any chance?
Yes it does. It also has a 3 way tight switch and a custom faceplate done by sacredgroove. I'm still not 100% sure if i want to get rid of it b/c it is an incredible module...but if you are interested on making a deal and depending on what you have to offer...i might let it go. I am looking to experiment with some new tones.

chuckmehh said:
I'm definitely diggin that man...Is that straight/no boost? Do you have an OD you could record with it? :) I'm a super gain ***** and love the extra kick an OD gives amps. Nice little clean boost ya know?

Yes, I usually kick in a ZWod with the gain set to zero (or near it)
But as I set up I thought I'd let the module sound pure, no extra eq, verb, od. I think the Fire switch sort of simulates a pedal boost

I'll probably record something on soundclick soon, with both a MW1boost & a ZW boost & Fire 8)

Thanks, Ray! I've been considering an S1SO and your video helped to push me a little closer to puling the trigger. It sounds like it would be great for modern rock bed tracks.

The Mamba is the BOMB but it was a little brighter than I'd prefer. I've had great luck (with a Les Paul with a Burstbucker Pro, so it may vary) with the Mamba's knobs all set to 5 (or 12 O'clock). It's an amazing sounding module and I'm sure you'll get it dialed in quickly.

As for a video editing program on a PC, I'd recommend Sony Movie Studio Platinum 9 or higher. It's about $75 or so on Amazon and it has a ton of features as well as being easy to use.

^ Thanks for the Video tip, I'll check it out
My last Mamba was a lot warmer, we'll see how this develops as it burns in.
My SG also has the Burstbucker pickups

Hmmm, I just hooked up my LP with 490/498 and the Mamba became much better than with my BurstBucker SG. The LP is a much warmer axe and matches the Mamba really well

Like alot of the modules Ive heard,it seems to capture the essence of teh tone but much cleaner....sounds like a 5150 without all of that fuzz generally associated with them....I wish someone would post a good recording of a Kranken or a Stein so I would know weather or not to get one so I could sell my K-stein Plus head...The clips I heard on the Salvation site were not that impressive...

alowerdeep said:
Like alot of the modules Ive heard,it seems to capture the essence of teh tone but much cleaner....sounds like a 5150 without all of that fuzz generally associated with them....I wish someone would post a good recording of a Kranken or a Stein so I would know weather or not to get one so I could sell my K-stein Plus head...The clips I heard on the Salvation site were not that impressive...

I'm getting there...The Stein is sweet, I can say that...And yes, I know, my comments are useless without clips... :D

Mattfig said:
alowerdeep said:

I'm getting there...The Stein is sweet, I can say that...And yes, I know, my comments are useless without clips... :D

Ive got a stock ultra waiting..lol..Though I like the stock Ultra alot....