Salvation Angel clip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
simple quick clip, shows bass boost and mid boost tones on a basic rhythm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRFaS5Bdxn0

Here's another one, sorry for the digital distortion, must have happened on the Dell preamp input setting. The Salvo tone still shines through; I wanted to show the diversity clean to beast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHIksR1eiig

WOW!!
That Angel sounds good. It's got massive cut, tight gain, and a really clear presence. Sounds killer.
Listening to it gave me that GAS twitch. You know when you thought you were cool with the gear you have and then twitch, twitch, twitch...I got to have me some more modules!!!

Thanks D

My chops are extra sloppy after the bagel incident.
Also note the low rm20 volume, you can hear my string plucking.

Imagine this Angel in a roaring rm100 with 6L6 and/or el34s at blast volume, it's inspiring!

crankyrayhanky said:
Thanks D

My chops are extra sloppy after the bagel incident.
Also note the low rm20 volume, you can hear my string plucking.

Imagine this Angel in a roaring rm100 with 6L6 and/or el34s at blast volume, it's inspiring!
I always imagine what the tone would be like in a more ideal condition. You always hear about people excusing their tones and blaming the camera mic, or the room, or whatever. Of course you have to use your imagination and fill in the blanks. There are certain tonal qualities, fundamentals, that ring through even the shoddiest of recordings that denote voicing and overall frequency response. One thing I like to see as well is the guitar being played on the video. I can sort of get a sense of the feel and playability of a tone from seeing the musician interacting with the amp. For instance, Premier Guitar has a demo of the new RT100 head:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sVZ1adVLWM
During the clip@ 3:54 one of the guys gives that telling smile like he's really enjoying playing that tone. I'm not saying that I don't appreciate any clips, but I do like to see the whole mojo working. My .02. :D

I hear you and I agree, but I figured the best tone was to get the mic as close mic'ed as possible- which puts me out of the picture. Sort of backfired as I killed the preamp

I'll need to figure out a way to capture video with external mics & pres. I think I have all the gear, I'll just need to spend some time

Both of my clips are the same module, same day even. I'm not sure why I blasted the 2nd one into digi-distortion :?

One tone I didn't show is a light/heavy crunch tone, but the Angel can do it. I'm digging the midboost tone right now, it sounds like an angry Marshall-ish modern rock/metal tone- really cool sounds.

I have a Stonerverb for comparison. The Stoner is a lot thicker and a little smoother in comparison. I have a S1S0 & Mamba on the way--there will be a quad Salvo hi gain shootout

Lead Tone seems to be the strong suit on this one
Very clear, beautiful shimmer on sweep arpeggios
Amazing versatility- searing metal to Santana warmness
If you have the edge switch that is a cool option

Enjoy!

The recordings here seem to sound better than the Engl amps I have played or owned in the past. My favorite Engl thus far has been the E530 preamp or the Savage. This seems capture everything I liked about both of those with more oomph and "it" factor. Considering these were at low volume is even more amazing. I really don't want to dish out for a Salvation, but I think I may have to for the Angel.

crankyrayhanky said:
Lead Tone seems to be the strong suit on this one
Very clear, beautiful shimmer on sweep arpeggios
Amazing versatility- searing metal to Santana warmness
If you have the edge switch that is a cool option

Enjoy!

You weren't kidding about this thing. It has astonishing clarity for a high-gainer, extremely nice harmonic overtones, and the ability to track even the fastest speed picking accurately. I've only spent around an hour with it so far, but it might well be my new favorite.

Well, I'll not only praise it's lead sound but in rhythm as well

It's very easy getting it to 'set in the background' with just the flick of a switch

I have even been contemplating getting a second one just because it's diversity

I love my Angel......fully expected to flip it when I bought it but ended up selling something else to keep it...in fact I bought two and kept the best sounding one :)