Salvation Custom 3

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky

Reaction score
A couple of months ago I was in the mood for a new mod and saw a custom 3 for sale. I looked it up and saw that Megadeath used the Custom Audio Amplification preamp that this was based off of. I never gave much of a **** about megadeath but was intrigued that Steve Lukather also used one. So, the price being right, I bought it. Man! What a nice sound! I don't do metal but for a singing lead tone it is incredibly smooth. I can always get a nice tone on any mod in a context, but this one just stands on it's own. I guess I am saying not to be put off by Anthony's blurb of "a classic preamp used by Megadeth, and other metal musicians." It is a cool mod that I had not heard much about on here.

Great sounding module and one of the more unique tones in the lineup......had one of the first and kept it around for years.

It used to be my go-to module. I loved the custom 3 and had tony build me a Custom3 ++ that killed it. Sadly, I sold it a few years ago. I wouldn't mind picking up another at some point.