Salvation Duoplex module - soundclip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Katash said:
Yeah I'd really like to hear the gainier side of it.... (is high gain possible in stacked mode? :wink: )

WHY?

A 60's Marshall was CLEAN until cranked up. Early 70's Marshall's were exactly the same.

Anthony's clip was DEAD ON to those tones.

If you're looking for a higher gain module, BUY ONE. The Mashall+ is an excellent choice.

But the DuoTone captures that 60's Cream, Hendrix, Jeff Beck tone PERFECTLY.

Thankfully, Anthony and his brilliance captures these tones for the MTS series.

Calm down mike :D
Yeah of course I know it is made for those tones but I just wondered how versatile it is.....
So how gainy it can get and of course how clean (which was asked before) and perhaps clean with midgain setting + guitar volume down vs. low gain setting.....

;)

Katash said:
Yeah of course I know it is made for those tones but I just wondered how versatile it is.....
So how gainy it can get and of course how clean (which was asked before) and perhaps clean with midgain setting + guitar volume down vs. low gain setting.....

;)
Haha Mike's a bit harsh but yeah those original tones are closer to clean/crunch than high gain.
The stacked mode will do higher gain, the description from the website:
In addition to the parallel mode, it has a STACKED mode, which switches these two channels in SERIES. In this mode it works like the famous "one wire mod" used for example on Randy Rhoads? signature 1959. In STACKED mode both Gain controls are active in series and it offers variety of tones from saturated crunch to nice fat and juicy higain tone.

Exactly why I was asking :wink:
I read the description several times in the past weeks and wondered when the first clips will be available.....

simply to say, mash-all is more versatile. from plexi - 800 - hotrod - JVM red gain. But the plexi mod is only bright channel from glory4holes.

Duoplex was planed as exact old plexi sound with both channels and possibility to blend them together. So not hair metal, not vanhalen not hotroded plexi. But during R&D Tony sniffed a bit of magic fairy dust again, and did stacked mod in RR style (honestly, better than original RR head wiring, ....but I know it is immortal cult and I?m not able to criticised that :))
So now Duoplex can give some higain tone too. Other clips will be done....soon, as usually ;)

Katash said:

;)

Sorry Man but some of you guys just kill me! :D

If I want a high gain amp or module, I choose a high gain amp or module. I don't want an amp that's clean or mid-gain to be high gain because then, it's no longer accurate.

From the sound of it, a FuzzFace or Big Muff in front of the Duoplex would be amazing! Instant Cream or Hendrix! That to me is freakin' awesome!

More power to Anthony if he can make it happen (and knowing his brilliant work, he probably can) but the first thought that popped into my mind as I heard those clips was "Whoa! That is amazing! Hendrix! Cream! In a module!", not "I wonder if it can sound like a JCM800?".

My apologies.

Mike P said:
From the sound of it, a FuzzFace or Big Muff in front of the Duoplex would be amazing! Instant Cream or Hendrix! That to me is freakin' awesome!

:shock: You're right, that would be awesome!
The Mash-all also reacts well to muff-type fuzzes by the way. :D