Salvation LoneClean-Unbelievable Versatility

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one do you prefer?

• Module 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Module 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JKMV12

Reaction score
Hey,

Here is a video of a doom/death metal riff i came up with. I challenge you to guess the two modules i use in the video. They are both mod'd...not by the same person. The answer might shock you. Also, if you have any suggestions please feel free to share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ3hYVnIyzQ

Good Luck.

I personally prefer module 2, even though the way I'd describe it probably doesn't fit in with the death metal manifesto hehe. I like module 2 because it sounds brighter, more articulate - less muddy. It's cool getting to see fellow forum users, too!

rhequiem said:
I personally prefer module 2, even though the way I'd describe it probably doesn't fit in with the death metal manifesto hehe. I like module 2 because it sounds brighter, more articulate - less muddy. It's cool getting to see fellow forum users, too!
ya i prefer it too...just wait till you hear what it actually is :D. the only problem with it is the feedback...but that is probably b/c i have the gain and level cranked. master is about 7-8o'clock.

kylendm said:
Second one sounds like a Marshall module. First one is more a Recto tone. Just my opinion though!
dead on on the first one...Jaded Faith Recto. You are going to have to think a bit harder on the second one. It isn't based on a Marshall (as far as i know). You guys are going to have a hard time figuring this one out.

I have no clue as to which is which. I didnt care for the first one because I didn't. Then I see it is a recto which I don't like to begin with. The second is a bit less harsh but other than that I have no clue. modded Ultra XL perhaps? Does resemble a 5150 more or less.

Julia said:
I have no clue as to which is which. I didnt care for the first one because I didn't. Then I see it is a recto which I don't like to begin with. The second is a bit less harsh but other than that I have no clue. modded Ultra XL perhaps? Does resemble a 5150 more or less.
Nope...it is a module being played out of its element. I'm still trying to tweak the recto to get the perfect tone...i just got it a couple weeks ago.

I'm guessing the 2nd one is a Gigmods module... maybe a Slodano? It has the articulation of that module.. Maybe Gigmods XTC?

Prefer Module 2....but i'm no good at tone guessing games, seems like a tone of compression and clipping (of the clip) makes it hard to pick the tone out.

rhequiem said:
I'm guessing the 2nd one is a Gigmods module... maybe a Slodano? It has the articulation of that module.. Maybe Gigmods XTC?
nope...not gigmods (this drastically limits the possibilities).

JKD said:
Prefer Module 2....but i'm no good at tone guessing games, seems like a tone of compression and clipping (of the clip) makes it hard to pick the tone out.
ya, sorry...that is the best i could do with the equipment i have now.

Interesting. I'm stumped on the 2nd one - I'd be guessing even more than I did on my first attempt if I gave it a shot now. It's too bad you don't have your amp mic'd up so we can get some better sound to help us out more ;)

rhequiem said:
Interesting. I'm stumped on the 2nd one - I'd be guessing even more than I did on my first attempt if I gave it a shot now. It's too bad you don't have your amp mic'd up so we can get some better sound to help us out more ;)
ya..again i would do that if i had the chord to connect it to my laptop...but that costs like $50. I will try to get around to that...but for now this is the best i can do.

kylendm said:
So what is it ;)
Alright...it is...the...Salvation...LONECLEAN!! warm setting...tweed mode...level and gain maxed. I was shocked when i finally switched it to warm...i had no idea that it could get that heavy. Part of it is probably the EMG's...but even with my other guitars it can get pretty heavy. Again the only downside is the feedback.

I'm shocked.I'm considering turning in a modual for a clean mod maybe that's what i'll get.I wonder if Salvation even knows you can get those tones out of it.

Here is another vid of the Loneclean in 'cold mode.' If i was forced to choose only one module to use for the rest of my life...i would probably choose this one b/c it has unparalleled versatility...imo. There are many more modules i hope to own...but for now this one is all i would ever need. All it really needs is an OD pedal to boost it for leads....and hopefully allow me to pull back on the gain and level enough so the feedback isn't a problem and i still get the great metal tone i want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFmdkyrSBK0

Kudos to Anthony for the great work he does.