Salvation Mandarin Stonerverb

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
All guitars are Salvation's take on the Orange in an rm100KH

aggressive gain setting (but not the highest)
Yngwie Strat
Naked Eye Ribbon

I've been working on this tune for awhile- easily my best drum performance tune- keep in mind I'm still learning!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=894143&songID=7705670

It's got a very nice vibe going on, I love the way it sounds, indeed very "Orange-esk". Nice playing too!

It has a very own, personal sound, I like it!

(that's +1 on the list :lol: )

crankyrayhanky said:
All guitars are Salvation's take on the Orange in an rm100KH

aggressive gain setting (but not the highest)
Yngwie Strat
Naked Eye Ribbon

I've been working on this tune for awhile- easily my best drum performance tune- keep in mind I'm still learning!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=894143&songID=7705670

Ray, very nice.
That module really screams in your hands!

edit: I listen to it a few times more and I can?t believe how aggressive it sounds in your hands with Strat!
Nice work, Ray, Thanks!
I think I must buy Strat too :)
Anthony

Thanks! I've been a strict Les Paul hard rock guy for 9 years (before that Ibanez Jem/Universe). But that Yngwie strat is a blast to play, I definitely write a little different on it. That intro riff (on both guitars) switch from bridge to neck pickup- and that neck Mandarin tone is flat out awesome!

oh, I tracked the solos on the rm20- I really like the warmth and compression the boost function provides...this module inspires!

Awesome sound and playing. The Stonerverb has been on my want list since I heard Salvation's clips, but this track is just fuel for the GAS fire!

What cabs/speakers did you use to record? Also, did you mic the RM20 or go direct out?

+1 on the RM20's boost function. I've been looking for a tube boost pedal that will comp that sound in front of my other amps.

Also +1 on the Strat. Strats have a dynamic range you can't get on a Les. Very expressive.

What cabs/speakers did you use to record?
1960av (v30s)

Also, did you mic the RM20 or go direct out?
mic- Crowley Tripp Naked Eye, I backed it off a bit compared to the rhythms that were right up on the grill

Thanks for the feedback, sorry it took awhile for the reply!

Wow, this clip makes me think of bowl cuts, mop tops, elephant bells, poor dental hygiene and faded band t-shirts from the 60's :D

Sounds killer, man!

This sounds great.

I was thinking about getting one of these Stonerverbs but this Dakota Red 65 Mustang MIJ reissue came up to me about a week ago and nickered in my ear, and I couldn't pass up the price on it.....

So it will have to wait until Xmas.

I think the Stonerverb would sound great with one of those, don't you?

Julia said:
This sounds great.

I was thinking about getting one of these Stonerverbs but this Dakota Red 65 Mustang MIJ reissue came up to me about a week ago and nickered in my ear, and I couldn't pass up the price on it.....

So it will have to wait until Xmas.

I think the Stonerverb would sound great with one of those, don't you?

I love Japanese Fenders, congrats, Julia!!