Salvation Mandarine = most punchy?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this answer just sort of depends on what exactly you mean by punchy and more or less what you prefer. It gets hard to answer this due to different ears, different players, different preferences.

I chose the Stonerverb DeLarge as I felt it covered the most ground of all the Mandarines. I can kind of coax anything out of it. With that said I also really enjoyed playing the Mandarine Graphic as it totally nails the vintage Orange vibe (I've played a few well maintained examples of OR amps over the years). I also really enjoyed the 50R module (if I just wanted a fun rock module that didn't go over the top or too clean this would be it, sort of a great vintage meets modern type of sound).

Although a cool module out of them all I was probably least impressed by the Stoner AD, I do enjoy real AD30 amps but I find the other mods just seem to offer more of what I expect from a modern or vintage Orange.