SALVATION Soldano clone module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okstrat said:
salvation said:
okstrat said:
Have a look at the Soldano schematics...

http://schematicheaven.com/newamps/soldano_super_lead%20_60.pdf

http://schematicheaven.com/newamps/soldano_slo100.pdf

2 different cathode resistor values (V1b and V1a) , the cap paralleling the 470k stage off of V1b, V2b on the SLO hs a 2.2 M resistor I don't see on the SL60, Resistor going to ground off the fx loop is 2.2k on the SLO, 4.7k on the SL60.

Plus I count seven stages on the SLO to the tone stack, but six on the SL60. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, schematics are listed above. Sure looks like 7 vs 6 to me.

Pete

Pete.
I talk about OVERDRIVE curcuit.
Not about whole amp, including FX loop and clean channel.

But....OK, this is your truth. I have mine:)

I went from input jack to tone stack on each amp... I always figured a schematic was pretty cut and dry, no different truths apply.

Yes ,

but V1A on SLO100 curcuit is part of clean channel.
It is not present on the sound when OVERDRIVE channel is ON.
I don?t need to have SLO clean channel in module.
I need OD channel.

On SLO schematic V3A and V4B are FX loop (buffer and recovery stages). As seen, on SLO the FX loop is before tonestack.
I don?t need to have unsued FX loop tube stages in module:)

2,2M resistor on SLO V2b is only because of the switching. In OD mode is paralelled with 330K resistor to ground.

SL60 has different (simpler) FX loop than SLO 100. It uses only one stage, (recovery stage on RETURN).

So, you say that SLO has 7 gain stages, I say that SLO has 5 gain stages + FX loop (2 gain stages)
You say that SL60 has 6 gain stages.
I say that SL60 has 5 gain stages too + fx loop (1 gain stage).

Two different truths:)

SLO7.jpg

SL60.jpg

I put a red line through the signal path on both schematics - each circle is half of a 12ax7. Note that I didn't touch the top one on the SLO schematic - that's for the clean channel.

I guess I think that every tube stage you go through whether it's generating distortion or not is going to affect/change your tone. I also see a few minor differences between stage 1 and 2 -

.002uf vs 470pf cap
500k OD volume pot vs 1000k volume

They DO have a lot in common, but again, I think going through another tube stage is going to make a difference. It also shows why you can't just grab a schematic, change the values to match and bam have the tone of an amp.

Some parts of a schematic may give you a head start, but you have to tune it by ear, like you did with your soldano and orange clips (that both sound great, by the way.)

EDIT: Tone stack on the SLO is on the next page and is the next thing the signal hits. Both schematics have the tone stack post fx loop.

Pete

if you look at that red line it looks like the outline of a city skyline ....very cool !!!!!!!!! :lol: jk guys.....

ps
if you guys keep this up your going to reveal the secret to the caramilk bars !!!!!! :shock: lol

riff man said:
if you look at that red line it looks like the outline of a city skyline ....very cool !!!!!!!!! :lol: jk guys.....

ps
if you guys keep this up your going to reveal the secret to the caramilk bars !!!!!! :shock: lol
:lol:

And the 11 secret spices in KFC chicken!

:lol:

okstrat said:
I guess I think that every tube stage you go through whether it's generating distortion or not is going to affect/change your tone.

I think that GOOD effects loop very little changes your tone.
If FX loop adds distortion, or radically changes tone, then it is BAD FX loop.

So, stop arguing, Pete:)
Difference is in our minds.
I recognize GAIN STAGES WHICH GENERATES TONE AND DISTORTION (they are important for what I need) and FX LOOP BUFFER AND RECOVERY stages.

I also see a few minor differences between stage 1 and 2 -

.002uf vs 470pf cap
500k OD volume pot vs 1000k volume

Yes,you?re right, in these two schematics IS a few minor differences.
I spent a lot of time by testing these differences.
Some of them makes minor difference in tone, some are almost unaudible.
My SL60 is modified to SLO specs in Overdrive channel.

But still-I don?t think they are totally different schematics.
They are very similar.(IN MY OPINION, of course:)

Peace

Anthony
SALVATION

Another short sample added.

Listen rhythm sound.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7307233

settings:

gain 4
bass 7
middle 9
treble 9
volume 4

boost no
channel on module: overdrive

guitar:
Dean EVO Special 7 - RM pickup alnico
pickup bridge

enjoy:)

edit: picture added - unsuccesfull... :twisted:

salvation said:
Another short sample added.

Listen rhythm sound.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7307233

settings:

gain 4
bass 7
middle 9
treble 9
volume 4

boost no
channel on module: overdrive

guitar:
Dean EVO Special 7 - RM pickup alnico
pickup bridge

enjoy:)

Really nice...whomever is making these clips has great recording and mixing...

You can looking forward to next things... last clip is from our big collection of amps comparison and now I wanted to record more MTS modules too.

2813.jpg

This project is called "More heads, more knowledge!?!" and english version will be soon (now is only in Czech) http://hlavy.instrumento.cz/
It will be chance to compare real amps with modules.... so stay tuned

I uploaded another, last sound sample of my SLO based MTS module.

enjoy here:
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7315989

I think it sounds great!

Thanks to Hyenik and his friend Pedro!

Anthony

SALVATION

Just wanted to thank salvation on the great faceplate. I waited forever on the slo 100 knobs to get here... I think I might go with some smaller ones next time I have some money....... Thanks again Salvation!!! Here is a pic:
IMGP0536.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh442/Firefighter1428/IMGP0536.jpg

Ok So now that this is the BEST module ive ever heard some one needs to post the schematic or tell me the mods cause im in love!!!

nixerx said:
Ok So now that this is the BEST module ive ever heard some one needs to post the schematic or tell me the mods cause im in love!!!
That probably won't happen as these folks spent mucho time developing these,and as I said before,it's worth the price of admission!!!!

jmgman70 said:
nixerx said:
That probably won't happen as these folks spent mucho time developing these,and as I said before,it's worth the price of admission!!!!

All good. Where do I get a price list ?! Im pretty much sold on the soldano mod for my RM20.

nixerx said:
jmgman70 said:
nixerx said:

All good. Where do I get a price list ?! Im pretty much sold on the soldano mod for my RM20.

Email Anthony. anthony @ salvationmods . com

Even though I'm far from being able to purchase, we had a good amount of correspondence, and he was really helpful. The pricing is really good IMO especially considering the amount of work he does.