Salvation's CAE mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grunge782 said:
crankyrayhanky said:
Mailman1971 said:
Yes, single channel module with 3 toggles on it. "Bright" "Dave/Marty" Channel 2 / Channel 3"
I think this is the only one out there like this?
Anthony made one for MWagener, I thinik....and I have one incoming! My question is, who is Time and how did you get the inside track on this so fast :shock:

I can't wait to get mine, I have a Stonerverb coming too- should go good with my brand of StonerMetal

I'm thinking of getting that Stonerverb too. How do you like it?

I love it!

crankyrayhanky said:
grunge782 said:
crankyrayhanky said:
Mailman1971 said:
Yes, single channel module with 3 toggles on it. "Bright" "Dave/Marty" Channel 2 / Channel 3"
I think this is the only one out there like this?
Anthony made one for MWagener, I thinik....and I have one incoming! My question is, who is Time and how did you get the inside track on this so fast :shock:

I can't wait to get mine, I have a Stonerverb coming too- should go good with my brand of StonerMetal

I'm thinking of getting that Stonerverb too. How do you like it?

I love it!

can you describe how channel 3 and 4 sound?

how about the marty and dave switch?

I have one of these coming and cant wait.

I was actually referring to the Orange...but I love the CAE too!

Channel 2/3 to my ears has a similar gain voicing.
3 has a bit more, but 2 has plenty to give you MegaDeth rhythm crunch- I didn't realize 2 would have that much gain on it, so I was thrilled to find out that it is a mode I can use often fgor hi gain.
(I was actually surprised when I heard the recent clips of 2 giving that dirty tone- I never dial my gain back, lol.)

Channel 3 sounds similar but with a killer compressed feel to it that just makes lead tones ooze.

Many will lean towards the Dave side as it has more pronounced mids like a Mega-Marshall. This could be a 'go to' tone.

The Marty side sounds DEAD ON. This is coming from a guy who had the first 2 Cacophony tapes when they came out, along with every solo disc from Dragon's Kiss on as he released them. A bit of a mid scoop sound to it...just like Marty, this tone sounds awesome-it enables you to just leave your guitar in bridge pickup for an entire solo. This is significant because I'm usually a guy who constantly flips toggles; often a bridge pickup is too cutting for me in a solo. But this Marty3 smoothes that all out, very enjoyable!

I need some more time, but with all the toggles you can get 4 distinct flavors- making this a module no Dave/Marty fan should be without!

JKD said:
Mailman1971 said:
They are SWEET! :D

Bah..not speaking to you since you didn't give me dibs when you sold yours! :wink:
haha.......
Sorry Steve-o!
You have bought a couple of my 1st run Killer modules in the past... :wink:
Love your videos. Man...you have got a helluva rig there! :shock:

Mailman1971 said:
JKD said:
Mailman1971 said:

Bah..not speaking to you since you didn't give me dibs when you sold yours! :wink:
haha.......
Sorry Steve-o!

...and nice shorts !
:lol: :lol: :lol:

headown said:
wow !
can?t wait to get mine...

:mrgreen:

You'll love it....who was the guy who won the "guess which module is this contest?" He's the one that asked for this mod, great work by him to come up with such a unique request!

Mailman1971 said:
JKD said:
Mailman1971 said:

haha.......
Sorry Steve-o!

Dan I aint mad atcha Bro...I got a couple of your finest I think. Now if I can only get my *** home to the Phils and set my rig up....

Mailman1971 said:
Oh yeah you got a few of my finest!!
Isnt PI a 220V country?
Have to run a converter transformer?

Yep. What's odd is the world voltage specs say is 220v 60Hz which is the best possible scenario. I have step down transformer that I'll use to power up.

crankyrayhanky said:
headown said:
wow !
can?t wait to get mine...

:mrgreen:

You'll love it....who was the guy who won the "guess which module is this contest?" He's the one that asked for this mod, great work by him to come up with such a unique request!

guitarslinger? He's a preamp-a-holic and loves the MTS/Eggie stuff...