• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sanity Checks/Opinions on a possible trade

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGKAHUNA

Reaction score
I am thinking of trading my Lynch Box and Modules for another amp and was wondering if was hoping to get opinions prior to actually posting it as I am not 100% I am going to do it (hoping the GAS Passes :D )

What I to offer:
Randall RM100LB Lynch Box in Excellent/Mint Condition
7 Modules
  • Gigimods 1087
    Savation Custom3
    Dave Friedman Plexi
    Jaded Faith Ultra XL
    SL+ (Mod'd but not sure who did it, Sozo caps- best sounding SL+ I have played)
    Brown
    Mr. Scary

What I am GASn for:
Splawn Nitro (to rack with my QuickRod)
or
Fortin Mod'd JCM800 (Hulk Mod or possible Cali Mod)

My question to you is - Do you think the LB and a combo of modules would be a decent straight up trade offer for either the Splawn or the Fortin Mod'd JCM800?

You're wasting a shitload of money. Think of each modded module as being worth 300$ (though really, it oughta be 350). 1500$ there alone. The Lynchbox itself is a fair amount. Brown and scary add another 400.

A nitro is not worth 1900$ BEFORE the (what, 800$) amp. Neither is a modded JCM.

That said, both are worthy amps to look at, just don't screw yourself in the process

Wouldn't trade that straight up for either amp.

You could sell just the head and only a couple modules and have the scratch for a used Nitro (dunno what the fortins go for).

Fortin modded Marshalls are between $1800 and $2200 depending on the features. In trade value you are about even with a Cali mod and about $500 ahead for a Nitro.