SG Diablo

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
Wow...it's my first Sacred Groove module and the tone is very impressive. I know it's based off of early 90s Rectos, which are said to be superior. I have lots of experience with late 90s & early 2000 rectos...well this Diablo has so much more organic coolness to it. I could never do a solo on the Mesa Recto Red channel I had played before- awful bee buzzy mess that's only good for chunking. On Diablo it's excellent on anything I play, really fits me like a glove. Heavy & aggressive, yet full of warm body.

I have a ? The Orange channel seems a lot different than Mesa rectos I played, less mids, less gain.... is that how the early 90s Rectos were? Interesting. Lots of toggles on this one, the boost and Attack make cool changes but are subtle. I may actually need clarification to see what's going on here- attack is a slight tight/loose switch?

First impression is it rocks :!:

Thanks Ray, glad it's working out for you so far!

The Attack is a tight switch, but the options make the bass pot more usable. The tightest setting is tight, but won't defeat the bass pot in being able to dial lows in/out, and same goes for the "looser" setting. By tweaking the bass pot, you should be able to set up the Attack options to taste and then simply toggle between them without having to tweak the bass pot again.

The Boost feature is more like added sustain and compression. At the time of building it I wasn't sure what to call it...LOL. You'll probably notice that leads become a little more liquidy with the Boost engaged.

As for the Red and Orange channels, I'll let others answer, that have owned or played real Rectifiers.

Thanks again! :D

I think I've been looking at this upside down...I think I had a revelation...a Mesa Recto has an Orange Channel (2) and a Red Channel (3). Each of those can do Vintage or Modern on a toggle. Chennel 3 is a little more of an extreme channel, 2 is tad more open crunch.

Scott's Diablo does reflect that, as opposed to another modder's recto that has a red/orange toggle- that actually reflects vintage/modern more than the colors...Diablo seems a whole hell of a lot more quality than my chainsaw Recto I owned 5 years ago- I guess those early 90s recto's were a completely different beast. I would love to hear someone's opinion on early 90s Rectifiers to confirm this. Regardless, awesome work Scott!

crankyrayhanky said:
I think I've been looking at this upside down...I think I had a revelation...a Mesa Recto has an Orange Channel (2) and a Red Channel (3). Each of those can do Vintage or Modern on a toggle. Chennel 3 is a little more of an extreme channel, 2 is tad more open crunch.

Scott's Diablo does reflect that, as opposed to another modder's recto that has a red/orange toggle- that actually reflects vintage/modern more than the colors...Diablo seems a whole hell of a lot more quality than my chainsaw Recto I owned 5 years ago- I guess those early 90s recto's were a completely different beast. I would love to hear someone's opinion on early 90s Rectifiers to confirm this. Regardless, awesome work Scott!

All I can add is a resounding "Yes!".