sovtek mig 100h tone

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolthrash

Reaction score
Not sure about this, what would be the best way to get a tone close to a sovtek mig 100h? Don't know too much about the amps, think they're fairly straight forward though? Just know they sound good, haha

SL+ with the JCM800 mod. The 100H is a JCM clone with more gain for the most part.

Yeah I thought it might have been. That's cool, just reaffirms my burning desire for an SL+ module haha

lolthrash said:
Yeah I thought it might have been. That's cool, just reaffirms my burning desire for an SL+ module haha

Me too. I had one but it was not the 800 mod and it was first module so I was still learning how to use the amp. I have a JF Brahma and Mr Scary for Marshall tones but I still want to burn through a newer SL+.

lolthrash said:
Not sure about this, what would be the best way to get a tone close to a sovtek mig 100h? Don't know too much about the amps, think they're fairly straight forward though? Just know they sound good, haha

I know Sovteks very well.
I repaired and modified some SOVTEK amps in the past
I think that there is no stock module that will not give you that sound.

Sovtek Mig 100 curcuits is based on Marshall 2203 with some minor changes in curcuit.
I like russian amps, Sovteks, Petersburgs, Red Bear.
Especially I have to say they uses very good transformers!!

Anthony
Salvation Mods

P.S.: This is Sovtek amp , completely modified by me to Bogner Ecstasy specs and features.
Owner of that amp loves it and uses it in studio for wide array of different tones (of coursem this is credit for Reinhold Bogner, not for me:)
:
PICT0497.JPG