Speakers

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I said on Youtube: now I know why me and my band hate my rythm guitarists tone :lol:
He plays a DSL + 1960 with V30's, all we hear is a shiteload of high mids.. it just hurts!

I'd tell him to mix speakers (X pattern with G12-T75's or something), but he's not a tweaker so I know he's not going to do it. :(

Anyway: what somebody should do is make impulses with every speaker known to man. That way people kan play their own stuff through it and there will be no whining about "they played the wrong riff" and stuff ;) :D

But you'd need a whole lot of time and money for that..

The DSL is a bright amp to begin with.

This is why I went with Greenies. Greenies have very focused mids and are great for rhythm work. Fantastic for miking. But they can be a bit hard for live sound when pushed real hard. However they do break up at a fairly low volume.

stratomaster said:
Eminence Vs Celestion

Has anybody compared the Patriots Series to the Celestion ???

with a framus cobra head i tried both the screaming eagle and the swamp thing from the patriot series. at the time i also had a greenback loaded 412 cab that to me sounded waaay better than the v30 cab i chose it over (darker and thicker and richer to my ear).
in short i've never really liked speaker breakup so ended using the greenbacks less and less for jamming and ultimately sold to a friend (they sound ace though). the screaming eagle, no surprises was even more shrill than the v30 and had a tight but reminded me of what i didn't like about the v30.
lastly, i loved the swamp thang and used it for a long time and used it in an earcady 212. plump bottom end, dark mids and tapered somewhat in the high end and super loud and never broke up. i have a buddy though that thought they were too boxy in the mids but he uses flat response ev's in his mesa cab.
i am currently using a super v in the rm50 lb which i like to but am gonna take a risk and put in a fluxtone soon.
oh, i had a black powder also, it broke up waay tooo early and had a depressingly inadequate low end for my tastes.
i'm not bashing the v30, i just always end up using it to measure the qualities of other speakers.