Still messing with tone - Volume/Master settings

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamner1

Reaction score
It's a curse of that I am sure. Previously I was running my MFX in the parrallel loop & my RM4 into a stereo poweramp & then both outs into a stereo cab. Something about the Effects mix knob was messing with me. Aside from the sound getting louder when that knob was set to Wet to obviously softer and kind of fuzzy when set to Dry. I also did not like all the noise that setting the MFX up with the +4 db setting so always had it set to -10 db. This got me thinking of running in series with the outs, instead I got a wild hair & went to a mono setup & the Intellifex in the Series loop. I really like how nice the effects sound in the +4 db setting but I was clipping the Intellifex. So I tried something, mostly out of neccessity, as the sqealling from sitting almost directly in front of the rack & cab was driving me nuts. I turned down the master on my modules. :idea: I know brilliant huh. :lol: Long story short I turned up the RM4 master a little to compensate & and use the poweramp volume for overall volume and **** it sounds nice. To boot I am no longer clipping the Intellifex on the +4 db setting.

Previously Mods Masters were set at 11:30-noon & RM4 Master to 9:00. Now Mods Masters set about 9:30 & RM4 Master set to 10:00-10:30.

Now the obvious question... why the hell didn't I do this sooner. :lol: