Stock SL+ and XTC

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ubermetaldood

Reaction score
Hi newb here. These are some songs I just started learning the day before yesteray. I recorded this clip to test out my new amp. It's not a demonstration of how to play anything so I'm not posting it for a playing critique.

First SL+ rhythm/XTC rhythm, then SL+ lead/XTC lead:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10060584

If you don't like Soundclick, try this:

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/37-RM100SLpXTCandLP.mp3

Songs I'm learning in this sound clip:

Ozzy/Randy - I Don't Know
Queensryche - Empire
Iron Maiden - Stranger in a Strange Land

I like the XTC better. It's got more growl and presence to it. It just sounds meaner. Have you tried an OD pedal in front of either pedals? It works great with the gain dialed down on the pedal and pushes the preamps nicely.

Not yet. I just got the amp yesterday. I don't have ANY pedals right now. In fact, I had to trade my TC Nova System as part of the deal to get this amp. Now I don't have a single pedal except a wah. I went back and exchanged the XTC module for the plexi because I figured the plexi module would be perfect for boosting with an OD.

stock xtc doesn't get a lot of love around here, so you may have made the right move. They're all great candidates for modifications which makes a HUGE impact

btw, is that he SL+ a newer version? If so, it would have the 800 mod on it- which is a good thing

HNY!

crankyrayhanky said:
stock xtc doesn't get a lot of love around here, so you may have made the right move. They're all great candidates for modifications which makes a HUGE impact

btw, is that he SL+ a newer version? If so, it would have the 800 mod on it- which is a good thing

HNY!

Yes I believe it's the latest one. It's the black panel with black chickenhead knobs.