superdave mods on ebay

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feefop

Reaction score
Anyone used this guy before? Seems to do unique mods, and advertises the services for $80. I'm tempted to try it....

The mods that I do are fairly simple, cap changes, resistor changes, switches here or there. I do change some values to change gain, eq, & different aspects here or there. Switches, etc. I intended the mods to be for people who did not have soldering skills who would just need something to improve upon what is already there. People are usually happy with what I do for them.

I do use stickers for the faceplates from time to time tho, I usually seal the ones I do with either packing tape or I got one laminated before. I only use like 4 different faceplates, one that is a gold background, for Marshall stuff, one with kind of a blue flame back ground, & kind of a reddish flame background, & I made kind of an Iron maiden sort of thing, but that was about it.

superdave0422 said:
Hi rob,
I usually don't go on the forum very often, but I just wanted to mention that I think you might have me mistaken with someone else. :)

I have actually never purchased anything or had you work on anything for me. I honestly can say that I've never even had any of the modules that you have done. I've been into MTS stuff since around 2011 or so. I have seen other modules on ebay that were similar to what you described tho, maybe that is what you have run into.

The mods that I do are fairly simple, cap changes, resistor changes, switches here or there. I do change some values to change gain, eq, & different aspects here or there. I intended the mods to be for people who did not have soldering skills who would just need something to improve upon what is already there. People are usually happy with what I do for them.

I do use stickers for the faceplates tho, I usually seal the ones I do with either packing tape or I got one laminated before. I only use like 4 different faceplates, one that is a gold background, for Marshall stuff, one with kind of a blue flame back ground, & kind of a reddish flame background, & I made kind of an Iron maiden sort of thing, but that was about it. I have actually only ever modded my own clean module & I only used the original black faceplate so I am sure that the one that looked like your super clean was not one of mine.

I wanted to comment on here because I do not believe in anyone trying to copy someone else's work. I believe that to be a very dishonest thing for someone to do. I am a very honest person & I would never ever do anything like that. I just wanted to clarify.

Thanks for the clarification Dave- I did see that ebay ad and was curious and may give it a try. Reasonable price as well. IMHO, modding is open to anyone with the skills to do it...Everyone here is modding towards Marshall and other famous amp makers...More modders for us end users, the better! By the way- I saw that Iron Maiden module- Killer faceplate!!

thanks rblyn, very kind words. That Iron Maiden was pretty cool. :D I tried to get Dave/Adrian on a switch as close as I could. Dave was more glassy, whereas Adrian had more treble/mid bite IMO. Marshally all the way of course, lol

Dave,
My sincere apologies and I do stand corrected.

There was someone using a similar handle selling $80 mod in the greater New England area that I was nearly sure was a former customer (back in the day though, when the mods were all Ala' Carte base mods). I know I have seen a blue clean that looks identical to my Super Clean on eBay several times and have had a number of emails confusing them with my work. I checked my records and I had two of those come in for re-modification. The buyers thought they were buying one of my mods because of the looks. You can understand my confusion I'm sure.

Again, I am sincerely sorry for the mix up and mean no ill will.
All the best,
Rob

Welcome to the forum Dave :)

I bought one of his modded Mr Scary modules and he was kind enough to check in with me later to see if I was happy with the tone. After letting him know I liked aspects of it but thought there could be a couple of improvements he asked me to send the mod back so he could update the high gain and add a switch for a reasonable fee.

The update should arrive soon, and I'm looking forward to checking it out. All in all a nice cat to deal with in my experience. (yes I typed cat... oh well lol)

Oregon said:
Welcome to the forum Dave :)

I bought one of his modded Mr Scary modules and he was kind enough to check in with me later to see if I was happy with the tone. After letting him know I liked aspects of it but thought there could be a couple of improvements he asked me to send the mod back so he could update the high gain and add a switch for a reasonable fee.

The update should arrive soon, and I'm looking forward to checking it out. All in all a nice cat to deal with in my experience. (yes I typed cat... oh well lol)

Thanks Doss,
About time I got here, lol. I think you will be happy with that scary now, I do have to admit that it was very gain heavy (I'm a bit of a metal head) I think you will be happy with where it is now. Let me know what you think. You are a cool cat to deal with too. (makes me think of the cat game from Super Troopers, no buts meow..that's the law)

Just got it back today and have been playing with it - I like the added tonal options the new switch provides in the heavier mid focused voice a fair bit (both with gain up and down).

Great, glad you like the additions. I also felt it responded well with effects. I put a little delay & reverb in the effects loop & it was awesome. Not sure if u are into effects or not but that module loves em. Have fun with it. Thanks doss