SYN-1 unit: US (110V) to EU (220V) region mains conversion / compatibility

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2dor

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I came across a pretty good deal on a SYN-1 (with a module included).

Thing is, I live in Europe & we have 220V AC coming out of the wall. This SYN-1 was sold in the US market.

I've been reading the manual & it looks like there's a way to make it play nice with 220V AC by:

1. replacing the fuse (from the manual: T150mA/250V @ 220-240VAC 50/60Hz - EUROPE)
2. unscrewing the SYN-1 cover & flipping a switch labeled "AC SELECT SWITCH"

Has anybody had a similar use-case in the past & confirm if there's more to it than what's listed above / in the manual?

Appreciate your time good people, thank you.

Last edited:
Hey folks,

I came across a pretty good deal on a SYN-1 (with a module included).

Thing is, I live in Europe & we have 220V AC coming out of the wall. This SYN-1 was sold in the US market.

I've been reading the manual & it looks like there's a way to make it play nice with 220V AC by:

1. replacing the fuse (from the manual: T150mA/250V @ 220-240VAC 50/60Hz - EUROPE)
2. unscrewing the SYN-1 cover & flipping a switch labeled "AC SELECT SWITCH"

Has anybody had a similar use-case in the past & confirm if there's more to it than what's listed above / in the manual?

Appreciate your time good people, thank you.
Hi
I also noticed the information you mentioned in the manual.
But I don’t know if it is related to the production batch of SYN-1. On my own SYN-1 and my friend's, we did not find the "AC SELECT SWITCH" switch in either of them.
Have you found this switch in your device? If so, can you share some photos of it?
Thanks!

Hi
I also noticed the information you mentioned in the manual.
But I don’t know if it is related to the production batch of SYN-1. On my own SYN-1 and my friend's, we did not find the "AC SELECT SWITCH" switch in either of them.
Have you found this switch in your device? If so, can you share some photos of it?
Thanks!
I opened the thing up and couldn't find anything. It was odd because I asked Synergy directly, they didn't reply but after my email they took that piece out of the manual...
I emailed again and asked about it & why they edited the manual to remove that section; the reply I got back was that it won't work - they also re-added that section on the AC SELECT SWITCH back in the manual after.. no comment.