SYN30 Midi controler FXL8 PRO Harley Benton

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fridrici

Reaction score
Hello dear musicians,

I have problems to program my FXL 8 pro (Harley Benton) to control the channel selection of my SYN 30, looks like it doesn't respond at all ..
Can anyone tel me how to proceed exactly as the manual explanations doesn't bring me anywhere ?
I tried with the CC numbers and value but.. no reaction from the SYN 30.
Thanks a lot for your help,

Claude from luxembourg

Do some trouble shooting;
1. make sure you the units are properly powered
2. make sure you're suing the right cables connected to the right jacks (MIDI cable, MIDI OUT of controller into MIDI IN of the amp)
3. make sure both of your units are on the same MIDI channel. (check the DIP switches at the back of the amp and select the appropriate channel. I'd keep S5 and S6 on and S7, if you change anything remember to turn the amp off and on)
4. for PC (program change) control, send a PC message from the controller, then select the desired channel on the amp, then press the channel select button for 3 sec and the LED will flash.
5. if you still have issues, try using the controller with another unit, if it doesn't work, then there's something wrong with the controller. If it works, then there's something wrong with the amp, at which point you should contact Synergy directly.

Let us know how it goes!

The SYN30 manual is incorrect for the Jumper settings to respond to CC vs PCs. I don’t have it in front of me but they are flipped. The one it says is for PC messages is the one for CCs and vice versa.