Talk to me about the JF Vox

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if the clips don't show a wide enough range guys. I had a customer make those. While I think they are good, I agree they are narrow in the range they show and many sound like they are dialed in similarly. I can see where that would be a non-starter for a potential sale. Unfortunately I no longer have demo units of everything on hand, so making clips is not as easy to do as it once was.

While the MTS business is a tiny part of what we do these days and we no longer invest time on growing it, I can say with pride and confidence that the newest designs like the Z-Rx and VX30 are my best design work. When I had the change of philosophy in 2014 designing the Series 2 mods I produced my absolute best work. Rick testified to that regarding the VX30 compared to the old Voxless. Vox amps are some of my personal favorites and I currently own 7 Dr Z amps, so I really have a great idea what these amps should be. Don't let a single clip on the internet impede you from trying something because I think you will be quite pleased.

I own both the D Z and the VX30. Even though the clips sound alike, they are really different. The VX30 starts out really clean with that nice Vox chime and then goes to gritty with the gain around 10 or 11:00. The DrZ can almost get clean with a strat with low gain pickups but it is not even close to the VX30 clean. Neither will do a high gain screaming lead tone without something up front. But both have a nice crunch. I do like the VX30 for the chime and sparkle.