tasty new mods heading my way...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
StarzCamerock.jpg

Check out the Pumpkin toggles on the Orange.
YUMMY!

Very nice, Ray!! That Camerock has me wanting it every day.

Heh...saw those posted on Facebook, figured they might be heading to you!

I love me the Camerock, it hasn't been out of my MOD50 since I got the module.

Just arrived today...wow, magnificent tones!
The Camerock options will take more time for me to play through, but there's plenty of great tones. Totally articulate and dynamic, unlike any other Marshall/Plexi I ever played. More on this one later...most mid gain Marshalls have been flipped, but this one is so unique, it will likely stay awhile
The Stonerverb has some extra toggles, as noted on the picture/story when Salvation designed mods for the Smashing Pumpkins. These toggles seem to deliver all of my all-time favorite mts tones. Pre Bass seems to be like a 3way tight, great settings selected. The post bass I first thought "Who would switch this"? Normal is great, but the oither 2 settings were way drastic...I soon found out why...the mids switch increases my favorite mid frequency for solos- probably somewhere around 400, as for years I played a Gigmods Recto that had this beautiful tone on the orange side. Nothing like a Mesa orange, but it was a great lead tone. This Stonerverb with this setting has that sound :D Then I realize the value of the post bass;, as those extra mids can be a boomy....genius...smooth hi gain tones, but retains clarity with the help of those bass toggles; it can also dial in many of those 70s Orange tones.

The hi mids is modern metal tone of the Gods- it delivers an edge that reminds me of the cool parts of an Engl. Allows one to dial back the mid pot to 11 oclock and get some seriously awesome metal...get this, similar to my #1 Mamba for aggression, but actually delivers a pure clarity that is astounding. Un-freakin-believable. The Stonerverb always exceled in clarity, now this hi mids gives me a sound that keeps me awake tonight.

Too tired, will post more & clips at some point.

crankyrayhanky said:
Just arrived today...wow, magnificent tones!
The Camerock options will take more time for me to play through, but there's plenty of great tones. Totally articulate and dynamic, unlike any other Marshall/Plexi I ever played. More on this one later...most mid gain Marshalls have been flipped, but this one is so unique, it will likely stay awhile
The Stonerverb has some extra toggles, as noted on the picture/story when Salvation designed mods for the Smashing Pumpkins. These toggles seem to deliver all of my all-time favorite mts tones. Pre Bass seems to be like a 3way tight, great settings selected. The post bass I first thought "Who would switch this"? Normal is great, but the oither 2 settings were way drastic...I soon found out why...the mids switch increases my favorite mid frequency for solos- probably somewhere around 400, as for years I played a Gigmods Recto that had this beautiful tone on the orange side. Nothing like a Mesa orange, but it was a great lead tone. This Stonerverb with this setting has that sound :D Then I realize the value of the post bass;, as those extra mids can be a boomy....genius...smooth hi gain tones, but retains clarity with the help of those bass toggles; it can also dial in many of those 70s Orange tones.

The hi mids is modern metal tone of the Gods- it delivers an edge that reminds me of the cool parts of an Engl. Allows one to dial back the mid pot to 11 oclock and get some seriously awesome metal...get this, similar to my #1 Mamba for aggression, but actually delivers a pure clarity that is astounding. Un-freakin-believable. The Stoneverb always excelled in clarity, now this hi mids gives me a sound that keeps me awake tonight.

Too tired, will post more & clips at some point.

I have a custom camerock on order as well as a Stoneverb that has a permanent place in my rig. My Stoneverb has a few different switches to, as a used to have a RV100 and and Anthony incorporate my old settings into his MTS mod. Mine can go from singing lead, to brutal, to mid gain to clean and covers more tonal ground than any other MTS module.

The Camerock is an intense module, so reactive to one's playing...may be the best pure tone of any module with a zillion options at hand. A true work of art. I usually don't jive with plexi types, but this one is intoxicating with plenty of gain on tap.

The Mandarin post bass is finding more uses as I switch up guitars, rooms, cabs...the combination of switches is excellent. These 2 mods are right at the top...also note the clarity is HUGE