Thin sound

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herbjonz

Reaction score
I notice when I crank my amp with the Brahma mod(Preamp Locked on 11 o'clock master going pass 9 o'clock) it starts to sound a little thin...I boost it with a OD pedal...maybe I am using to much gain from the OD pedal?

I dont use any gain on my OD pedals just crank the level up around 90% or so. What tubes you useing, this could play a factor in that thiness as well.

Try cranking the master volume to about 3 o'clock and then going to about 9 ' oclock on the module. Crank the level on the OD to full but little to zero gain. That worked wonders for the brahma for me. Let the amp do the work for the volume and not the module. 8)

I am mixing JJE34L and Winged C EL34's. when I crack pass 9 0 clock on the master it starts to get loose and thin....I will try MailMan1971 idea but isn't better to adjust the master for overall volume and keep the level around noon?

The theory is you'll get more of that thick power tube saturation with the master, then set the individual mods for volume

3oclock master is a bit much for my tastes but 11-12 oclock is a sweet spot for my applications